Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
Browns? Greens? Grass? Leaves? Banana peels? Learn the easiest and most effective way to compost, including how to effectively recycle your kitchen scraps and how to maximize carbon and nitrogen in your pile. Composting with the GROW BIOINTENSIVE method is the basis for growing the healthiest, most nutritious, and most pest- and disease-resistant plants. Bring a 5-gallon bucket of “green material” (grass clippings, young weeds and/or non-meat kitchen scraps). This ever-popular class includes a hands-on demonstration at the Common Ground Garden. Taught by Robin Mankey. Robin works to connect people with the earth through growing food and through her local company, Take Root. She helps get home gardens going and keeps them ﬂourishing. She is co-author of Ecology Action’s Booklet 34 – Food for the Future Now.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.