ArcGIS v10 Desktop II: Tools and Functionality (v10)
This course introduces the fundamental concepts of ArcGIS Desktop software and teaches how to use it to visualize, create, manage, and analyze geographic data. In course exercises, you will use ArcGIS tools to perform common GIS tasks and workflows. By the end of the course, you will understand the range of ArcGIS Desktop functionality and be prepared to work with the software on your own to create GIS maps, work with geographic data, and perform GIS analysis.
This three-day course is taught by an ESRI-authorized instructor. It builds upon skills learned in ArcGIS v10 Desktop I and is also designed for GIS professionals and others who have GIS knowledge but no GIS software experience.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create a file geodatabase to store and manage geographic data.
- Create and edit geographic data to accurately represent real-world objects.
- Explore geographic data in ArcMap.
- Classify, symbolize, and label map features to improve map visualization and interpretation.
- Create data by geocoding addresses.
- Query and analyze GIS data to support decision making.
- Create maps to share with others.
To view the full course curriculum, visit: http://training.esri.com/gateway/index.cfm?fa=catalog.courseDetail&CourseID=50121743_10.x
NOTE: There are only 12 spots in this class. SPACES ARE AVAILABLE TO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND SCHOOL DISTRICT EMPLOYEES ONLY ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. Participants should be proficient in the use of Windows based software. Please contact us to determine what GIS course best suits your current skill level.
Light breakfast, lunch and all materials are included.