Friday, October 22, 2010 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (EDT)
Course Description: In this program, we will discuss and explain the key components of communication and relationship building as well as the fundamentals each person should use to obtain a clear understanding of the message being delivered during every meeting and project. The interactive session will encourage the participants to examine how communication is used throughout their audit methodology and department. It will also assist teams in identifying the strengths of their department as well as some possible opportunities for improvement. Additionally, participants will understand how communication can be leveraged to not only manage the audit/client relationship, but also expedite the audit process – especially the reporting stage. It also provides the tactical templates to achieve these goals. Below is the outline of this program.
- Effective Communication Explained
- Interviewing Skills
- Learn How to Maintain Department Respect
- Identify and Discuss “the” Communication Keys
- Review Audit Execution and Corresponding Communication Tools for Success
- Understanding Relationships
- Managing Meetings
- Develop an Action Plan
Speaker: Robert Manardi, CFSA, MBA
Speaker Bio: After 21 years of working in Internal Audit profession in the financial services industry, Robert has started his own company which develops and facilitates custom internal audit training as well as evaluates, creates, and implements formal audit methodologies. Prior to starting his company, Robert was the Vice President of Internal Audit for the Penn Mutual Life Ins. Company. He is an active member of the IIA and has been a Distinguished Faculty Member for almost 20 years.
As a professional speaker, Mr. Mainardi leads programs to help clients:
- Develop and maintain world class internal auditing functions
- Create, implement and maintain continuous auditing programs
- Draft, finalize and issue high impact audit reports
- Establish and facilitate ERM programs
- Improve communication and client relationship development
- Develop and implement audit performance dashboards
- Identify, recruit, interview and maintain quality audit staff
Time: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Registration starts at 7:30). Lunch from 12:00 to 1:00.
CPE: 8 hours