In between hustling to resume normal service at CommonWealth, a chance meeting with Chef Justin Yu of Hawker Fare gave us an opportunity we couldn't refuse. With reopening just weeks away Justin graciously offered us one last chance to Pop-Up at this awesome neighborhood joint. We cannot think of a better setting, given our similar approach and shared philosophies, aimed at striking a balance between the traditional and the contemporary elements of our respective cultures. We are humbled by the support from our community and thrilled to bring together two of our most favorite brewers, Adam Lamoreaux & Kel Alcala with Beer and Soul, aka local beer guru Sayre Piotrkowski in such personal surroundings.
We have put together some of our best casual and craveable CommonWealth classics, rounded out with a Hawker Fare favorite. This menu begs for great beer ... Cmon
Popcorn w/ Brewer’s Yeast
Paired with: "The Town"
Scotch Egg w/ Curried Ketchup
Paired with: "Queen Bess IPA "
Smoked Trout Salad w/ Asparagus, Hop Vinaigrette
Paired with: "Urban People’s Common Lager"
Shepherd’s Pie w/ Heinz Baked Beanz
Paired with: "Kno-Town Brown
Cowgirl Creamery’s Inverness w/ Apricot Chutney
Paired with: "Biere de Tartine
Hawker Fare’s Soft Serve Ice Cream Cone
Paired with: “Roasted Oak”
● "The Town Lager" - Pre-Prohibition Style California Lager -Linden Street Brewing Company, Oakland, CA - 4.5% ABV
● "Queen Bess" - English Style IPA - Dying Vines Brewing Company, Oakland, CA - 4.8% ABV - *poured from gravity cask
● “Urban People’s Common Lager " - California Style Steam Beer - Linden Street Brewing Company, Oakland, CA - 5.4% ABV
● "Kno-Town Brown" – Smoked 80 Shilling - Dying Vines Brewing Company, Oakland, CA - 5.2% ABV -
● "Biere de Tartine 2.0" - Belgian Style Grand Cru with Sourdough Yeast and Apricots - Linden Street Brewing Company and Tartine Bakery - 9.2% ABV
● “Roasted Oak” – Burning Oak Black Lager infused w/ Roast Company Coffee - Linden Street Brewing Company, Oakland, CA - 5.2% ABV *poured from gravity cask