Commando Conversations: Building Your Conflict Competence
Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM - Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM (CDT)
Chicago, United States
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Developing Your Conflict Competence
Dates: June 6-9, 2013
Registration Fee: $1095 per individual if registered before March 31, 2013; $1195 per individual if registered after March 31, 2013
(includes 19 hours of RACE CE, one cocktail reception, three coffee breaks & afternoon snacks; hotel and travel expenses not included)
Location: Catalyst Ranch in downtown Chicago
Improve your conflict management skills to positively manage yourself and your relationships, and to use conflict opportunistically to meet strategic objectives for your hospital. Of all the leader’s responsibilities, effectively managing conflicts to a positive end is by far the most impactful, and often, the one that leader’s find most challenging. This valuable program delivers the in-depth knowledge and practical conflict competence skills you need to ensure that you are a strong, capable leader.
WHAT IS CONFLICT COMPETENCE?
Conflict competence is the ability to develop and use cognitive, emotional, and behavioral skills that enhance productive outcomes of conflict while reducing the likelihood of escalation or harm. As a leader, conflict competence allows one to accurately identify their own emotions and tendencies as they happen, to manage their own emotions and behaviors to a positive outcome, to leverage specific strategies to deescalate stressful situations constructively and to a positive outcome.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
• Utilize active-constructive conflict techniques & avoid destructive conflict behaviors
• Create an atmosphere that fosters conflict competence from all team members
• Positively influence the emotions and motivation of others
• Use conflict strategically to flush out new ideas and foster collaboration
• Monitor and adapt your own hot buttons & triggers for the benefit of yourself, your team and your department
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Leaders who want to apply conflict competence in creating an emotionally healthy, productive
workplace and organizational culture, as well as enhance their ability to form trusting relationships.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
• Program customization to meet each participant’s unique needs, objectives and desired outcomes
• 4-day program (19 RACE Approved CE hours), with onsite training, facilitation & support
• Pre-program questionaire to set the stage for onsite learning
• Conflict Competence personalized assessment for each participant with comprehensive report
• Course materials, personalized action plan for each participant