Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The New York tech community's political agenda often focuses on net neutrality but immigration reform is just as important. Although 25 percent of successful tech startups over the last decade have been founded or co-founded by immigrants, existing immigration policies make it difficult for foreign-born entrepreneurs to establish their businesses in the US. Come learn about the challenges of immigration policy today and the pending policies of tomorrow, including The Startup Act 2.0. Our stellar speakers include:
- Congressman Michael Grimm, who introduced the Startup Act into the House in May
- Robert Greifeld, CEO of Nasdaq OMX
- Liz Elkiss of the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service
- Kate Hipwell, Regional Director of the Americas, UK Border Agency
- Dario Mutabdzija, Co-Founder & President, Blueseed
- Brendan Ryan, MD of Global Operations, Fragomen Global
- Richard Remillard, Executive Director, Canadian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (CVCA)
- John Frankel, Partner, ff Venture Capital
- 5:30pm: CLE Event (see below)
- 6:30pm: Arrival & Registration
- 7:00pm: Fireside chat with Congressional sponsors of The Startup Act 2.0
- 7:30pm: “Coming To America” Panel Discussion
- 8:30pm: Cocktail Reception
When & Where
VentureOut is focused on enabling the world's most promising technology organizations to launch into new markets, raise capital, and scale. Based on the philosophy that talent is evenly distributed but opportunity is not, VentureOut’s mission is to bridge that gap between the entrepreneurial talent around the world and the vast opportunities available to them in New York City & San Francisco. Through short-form strategy development and capital raising programs, VentureOut immerses the world’s most talented entrepreneurs into the US technology ecosystem, fast tracking their growth by establishing relationships with top tech influencers, investors and new prospective clients. To date, VentureOut has supported the growth of over 500 companies (700+ entrepreneurs) from 20 different countries. VentureOut was founded by Brian Frumberg in 2012.