Combined: Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support & Group Crisis Intervention - Tampa, FL June 4-6, 2014
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Friday, June 6, 2014 at 6:30 PM (EDT)
This 3-day course combines ALL of the content of ICISF’s Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support & Group Crisis Intervention courses.
Crisis Intervention is NOT psychotherapy; rather, it is a specialized acute emergency mental health intervention which requires specialized training. As physical first aid is to surgery, crisis intervention is to psychotherapy. Thus, crisis intervention is sometimes called “emotional first aid”. Designed to present the core elements of a comprehensive, systematic and multi-component crisis intervention curriculum, this course will prepare participants to understand a wide range of crisis intervention services for both the individual and for groups. Fundamentals of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) will be outlined and participants will leave with the knowledge and tools to provide several group crisis interventions, specifically demobilizations, defusings and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD). The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary will also be discussed.
- Psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention
- Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum
- Critical incident stress management
- Evidence-based practice
- Basic crisis communication techniques
- Common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions
- Putative and empirically-derived mechanisms
- SAFER-Revised model
- Suicide Intervention
- Relevant research findings
- Large group crisis interventions
- Small group crisis interventions
- Adverse outcomes associated with crisis intervention
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefings (CISD)
Completion of “Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support” & “Group Crisis Intervention” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (27 Contact Hours) qualifies as two CORE classes in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
Completion of “Combined Group and Individual and Peer Crisis Intervention” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (27 Continuing Education Hours) qualifies as two of ICISF’s Core Courses towards a Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
EAP, HR, public safety, mental health, chaplains, EMS/Fire, Healthcare workers, police officers, dispatchers, airline personnel and disaster workers who are already trained in the critical incident stress debriefing format.
* Please note the times for this class are longer (8:00am - 6:30pm) In order to cover 4-days of content into a compressed format of 3-days. Student must attent entire 3-days without missing any portion of class to receive a certificate of completion. Please plan travel accordingly.
Approved for 27 CEs from the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling (50-13858) Also, 27 CEs from the Florida Board of Nursing (50-1299)