San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- The Overview of Beauty Retouching: Before and After Shots of People and Products.
- Drink Retouching: Removing drops from a wine glass
- Food Retouching: Removing unwanted bits of food and adding additional food elements to a shot
- Packshot Retouching: Creating a perfect Packshot by Reframing its position, Removing Reflections and Artefacts and matching its colours to the real life product.
- Car Retouching: Removing unwanted reflections from the car and changing the Number Plate.
- People Retouching: Removing Blemishes, removing Stray Hair, Enhancing Lips and Eyes.
- Creating a Clean Plate: Extending the Background using 2D and 3D techniques to replace the gaps left through removal of the artefacts.
- People Sculpting: Slimming and reshaping the Body
Save This Event
When & Where
Klaudija Cermak has over 20 years experience as a 2D VFX Artist in high-end commercials, broadcast programmes and feature films. Her film credits include ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’, ‘Never Let Me Go’, 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets', 'Troy', 'Babe - Pig in the City' and VFX Oscar-winning 'Gladiator'. She has worked on numerous commercials for major brands including Sony, Lenovo, Walkers, Sainsbury’s, Coca-Cola, BMW, Mars, Guinness and Homebase. Her broadcast credits include 'Virtual History' for the Discovery Channel, that won the VFX Society Award for Outstanding Visual Effects.
She has also art directed and directed TV promotions, title sequences, commercials, stings, idents and content graphics for the BBC, Sky, Channel4 and ITV, for which she won a number of awards, two of which were Golden Promaxes.
She regularly gives talks on post-production at London universities and is currently the Associate Subject Leader for MA VFX at Ravensbourne.
She is the author of the book ‘How to Get Into and Survive Film, Advertising and TV Post-production – The Alternative Guide’.