Colorado Springs SQL Server User Group Presents Kevin Kline
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM (MDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Colorado Springs SQL Server User Group presents Kevin Kline for one night only, August 15, 2012 at the Hyatt Place Colorado Springs. Kevin Kline ( blog | twitter ) is a well-known database industry expert, author, and speaker, long-time Microsoft MVP and is one of the founders of PASS, www.sqlpass.org. He is currently is the Director of Engineering Services at SQL Sentry, a leading provider of award winning tools for database management and monitoring.
- Join us at 5:30 for a complementary BBQ Dinner
- Prizes will be given away to members attending with a guest. *
- Kevin will present shortly after 6:00 PM
End-to-End Troubleshooting for SQL Server by Kevin Kline
Learning how to detect, diagnose and resolve performance problems in SQL Server is tough. It often takes years of on-the-job experience to learn how to use the tools and techniques that help you detect when a problem is occurring, diagnose the root-cause of the problem, and then resolve the problem. So strap yourself in to a time machine, because you’ll learn in less than two hours what it took Kevin years to figure out through hands-on troubleshooting and problem solving.
This hands-on session will take you from the very start of a problem situation on SQL Server, showing you how to use the native tools that help you keep SQL Server at top performance and problem free. This session will detail and demonstrate:
- Performance Monitor (PerfMon)
- SQL Profiler/Server-side Trace
- Correlating PerfMon and Profiler results
- Using Dynamic Management Views (DMVs)
- Advanced Diagnostics Using Wait Stats
- Graphic Execution Plan and Transact-SQL Showplan
- When to use Trace Flags
These tools and techniques can make your long days shorter and make difficult troubleshooting activities
much faster and easier. Every DBA needs to know how to keep their SQL Server in tip-top condition, and you’ll need these skills to do it.
* Bring a guest interested in SQL Server technologies and be entered to win a Grand Prize at the end of the session. Member brining a guest must be registered with http://springssql.sqlpass.org/ Attendees with guest will also take home a small token of appreciation