Parents and high school students are invited to attend this exclusive College Admissions and Financial Aid Planning Workshop taking place on Tuesday, February 4th at 7:00 p.m. at the Pleasant Hill Senior Center.
This informative workshop is designed specifically to help parents and students ease the stress of college planning by helping them better understand the admissions and financial aid process. The presentation will highlight expert college funding strategies as well as application insights focused on enhancing students' acceptance chances.
Topics covered include an overview of the FAFSA form and all the other information needed to help parents get ahead of the competition by learning how to qualify for the maximum amount of merit and need based financial aid with the goal of paying for college with as little out of pocket cost as possible.
Additionally, you will learn a number of helpful tips that will help your family lay the proper foundation for successful college planning, including:
- What financial assets are taken into consideration when the U.S. Department of Education calculates your Estimated Family Contribution.
- When you should file all the necessary financial aid forms to put your family in position to achieve the best financial aid award packages.
- Where you and your student should focus your valuable time and energy during the college application and scholarship search process.
- Why certain tax accounting and financial planning strategies can actually negatively impact your financial aid award packages.
- How elite private colleges can often end up costing less than state universities.
Registration to this free workshop is limited, so we encourage you to RSVP as soon as possible to secure your spot.