"College Admission: From Application to Acceptance, Step by Step"
with Christine VanDeVelde, co-author of College Admission
Thursday, February 21, 2013, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Woodside Performing Arts Center (PAC)
Don't miss Christine VanDeVelde, co-author of College Admission: From Application to Acceptance, Step by Step. Co-written by Robin Mamlet, former admission dean at Stanford, Swarthmore, and Sarah Lawrence, College Admission is the ultimate user’s manual and go-to guide for any student or family approaching the college application process. Featuring the wise counsel of more than 50 deans of admission, no other guide has such thorough, expert, compassionate, and professional advice.
Let’s be honest: applying to college can be stressful for students and parents. But here’s the good news: you can get in. Robin Mamlet has been dean of admission at three of America's most selective colleges, and journalist and parent Christine VanDeVelde has been through the process firsthand.
At this event, you'll get clear, comprehensive, and expert answers to all your questions:
• The role of extracurricular activities
• What it means to find a college that's the "right fit"
• What's more important: high grades or tough courses
• What role does testing play
• The best candidates for early admission
• When help from parents is too much help
• Advice for athletes, artists, international students, and those with learning differences
• How wait lists work
• Applying for financial aid
Woodside Parent Education Series events are FREE and sponsored by the Woodside PTSA and the Sequoia Healthcare District.
Simultaneous Spanish interpretation will be provided.
Refreshments from 6:30 - 7:00 p.m. in the PAC Foyer.
For more information, contact Charlene Margot, Woodside Parent Education Series Program Director, at email@example.com or 650.868.0590.