Collaborative Negotiation Strategies for Women: Growing Your Career & Business
Saturday, June 30, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
Culver City, CA
Conversations Leading to Agreement
Collaborative Negotiation Strategies
for Growing Your Business and Career
Whether you’re asking for a raise or promotion, designing strategic partnerships for your business, settling on a fee for your services, navigating personalities in the workplace, or wrangling over homework and chores with children, you are negotiating something every single day.
HOW WELL YOU DO IN THESE EVERYDAY CONVERSATIONS HINGES ON:
- Learning how cultural factors influence your ability to act powerfully on our own behalf.
- Understanding how your conflict resolution style impacts your ability to create collaborative agreements.
- Knowing and communicating your values and priorities.
- Honestly assessing your strengths and accomplishments.
- Getting comfortable singing your own praises.
- Calibrating and asking for your true market value.
In this hands-on, daylong workshop, you will learn the fundamental vocabulary of interest-based, mutual-benefit negotiation and put your learning to use immediately through interactive roleplays based on your own needs and challenges.
YOU WILL LEARN AND PRACTICE HOW TO:
- Open the conversation.
- Frame your request or proposal as a benefit to your conversation partner.
- Anchor first--and anchor high--to give you the spaciousness to craft a mutually beneficial agreement.
- Lean into objections and refusal with creativity, brainstorming and problem solving.
- Navigate conflict through active listening and open-ended inquiry.
- Make concessions and ask for reciprocity naturally and comfortably.
- Close the deal.
Please download the pdf of this Advance Prep Exercise and do your best to complete it prior to the start of the workshop.
FACILITATOR: LISA GATES, CO-FOUNDER OF SHE NEGOTIATES
DATE: SATURDAY, JUNE 30, 2012
TIME: 10 A.M. TO 5 P.M.
LOCATION: AGAPE INTERNATIONAL
5700 BUCKINGHAM PKWY.
CULVER CITY, CA
COST: $129 THROUGH JUNE 16; $159 AFTER JUNE 16.
When & Where
Soluv Magazine supports the truth that all women are beautiful. By focusing on the restorative messages required for finding a healthy balance of mind and body, Soluv trail blazes a refreshing option for your reading list by presenting honest and in-depth articles & resources for courageous women willing to tap into the power of their inner strength
“Self-knowledge equals Self-empowerment”
Now Available: Soluv Magazine Digital Edition