Casting Director, Phaedra Harris, will teach actors Cold Reading techniques in her 2 hour workshop at the Artist Resource Center (ARC).
The Workshop is designed to:
- Give a strong perspective on how to bring your true self into your acting work!
- Give actors a rich understanding of the casting process as seen through the eyes of Casting veteran Phaedra Harris.
- Provide cold reading techniques to Actors.
Phaedra Harris has over twenty years experience in feature film and television casting. Harris has been involved in the casting of well over 50 films ranging in budgets from the two million dollar independent tele-feature Butter starring Ernie Hudson and Nia Long to the eighty million dollar studio blockbuster film The Fifth Element starring Bruce Willis and Chris Tucker. She has also worked on many top rated television series including The John Larroquette Show, Where I Live and Dark Justice, to list a few.
Having begun her casting career interning with such notable casting directors as Rhonda Young (Beverly Hills Cop, Rocky III, Benson and It’s A Living) and Barbara Claman (Iron Eagle, Cold Steel, Bulletproof and Tour of Duty. Harris learned the casting ropes quickly and was soon assisting and later working as an associate casting director alongside the industries top casting directors. This invaluable training ground has afforded Harris the opportunity to develop a strong working relationship with agents and a reputation for identifying new talent, people to watch and exciting up and coming new faces. Harris’ ability to attract talent to projects provides a solid foundation to produce cost effective independent films for distribution. Some of Harris’ projects include:
- PREACHER'S KID (LeToya Luckett, Tank, Ella Joyce, Clifton Powell)
- THE CONFIDANT ( Boris Kodjoe, David Banner, Billy Zane, Bai Ling, Richard Roundtree)
- WHAT’S LOVE GOTTA DO WITH IT (Angela Basset and Laurence Fishburne)
- COOL RUNNING (John Candy, Malik Yoba, Leon and Doug E. Doug)
- JUDGMENT DAY (Mario Van Peeples, Ice T and Suzy Amis)