San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Welcome to CoderDojoKC!
CoderDojo is a global non-profit created to help youth learn to code. Kansas City Women in Technology founded and runs the Kansas City chapter. Google Fiber graciously allows us to use their space to host our sessions. All programming skillsets are wecome, from beginner to expert!
- Please arrive at 8:45am to get checked in and seated.
- All ages will need a parent or guardian to sign a waiver. Children aged 7–13 require a parent or guardian to be present during the session.
- You can print & sign waivers ahead of time: Adult Waiver, Child Waiver.
- Parking: street parking behind Twin City Tavern, NOT in the church parking lot.
- All skillsets are welcome! Those with advanced knowledge will be assisted in creating more advanced projects.
- Events sell out quickly, but please join the waiting list. We will release more tickets the week before the session.
- Please be respectful to the leaders, mentors, and volunteers. They donate their time and energy to make this program possible.
Q. How old does my child have to be?
A. Children aged 7–17 are welcome and will need a parent or guardian to sign a permission slip. Ages 7–13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during session.
Q. This session is sold out! What now?
A. Sign up for the waitling list. We have a lot of cancelations throughout the month, so you'll likely be able to attend. Watch your inbox for when we release your tickets.
Q. How long are sessions?
A. Sessions are 3 hours, from 9am to 12pm on the second Saturday of each month.
Q. What does attendance cost?
A. Attending CoderDojoKC sessions is free, thanks to our volunteers and sponsors.
Q. Where are sessions located?
A. Sessions are held at the Google Fiber Space, located at 43rd St. & State Line Rd.
Q. Do I need to bring anything?
A. Yes, your child should come with a WiFi-enabled laptop.
Q. Do I have to stay with my child for the sessions?
A. If your child is aged 7–13, your presence is required throughout the session. All parents and guardians are welcome to stay in a special area provided, so feel free to bring work or entertainment for the duration.
Q. If I'm staying, do I need to register for my own ticket?
A. No. Tickets are for children only. Please do not reserve a ticket for yourself.
Q. Does my child need prior knowledge to attend?
A. No, children can learn from the ground up.
Q. My child is looking for more advanced development resources. Will they still benefit from attending?
A. Yes. Many of the mentors are experienced developers with advanced skills and understanding of more difficult concepts.
Save This Event
When & Where
A free way for kids to learn to code in the Kansas City area. Mentor-powered and technology-driven. We are run by Kansas City Women in Technology and hosted by Google Fiber. Our mentors are from companies all over Kansas City, including Cerner, Emfluence, The Nerdery, VinSolutions, and VML.