Code for America Accelerator Demo Day
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Out of a national pool of over 230 applicants, Code for America selected 7 companies to make up the inaugural class of its Civic Startup Accelerator. These companies are building a new industry -- an industry focused on helping cities work better, all the while creating a real impact and a solid bottom line.
At the Accelerator Demo Day, expect to see a showcase of what's possible in this $172 Billion civic technology industry -- with companies ranging from first customer adoption to significant multi-million dollar revenue run-rate traction and early stage funding from Greylock, Social+Capital, Kapor Capital, Andreessen Horowitz and many more. These are experienced entrepreneurs, with established business models, and strong teams. This is your chance to hear them pitch.
Come learn about what's ahead from industry and thought leaders such as Tim O'Reilly, Jennifer Pahlka, and Ron Bouganim.
Space is limited, so RSVP early.
- 12:00pm: Doors Open & Lunch Served
- 12:45pm: Welcome & Primer on the Civic Startup Ecosystem
- Tim O’Reilly, Founder, O’Reilly Media; Partner, OATV
- Jennifer Pahlka, Founder & Executive Director, Code for America
- Ron Bouganim, Accelerator Director, Code for America
- 1:15pm: Startup Presentations
- 7 Companies, 7 minutes each
- 2:15pm: Networking Reception