Wednesday, August 21, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
An event dedicated to Gaming, join us to be inspired, learn, play and vote for your favorite Indie Game.
- "Some Observations on Video Game Evolution: A look at 3 video game series over 30 years." - Eric Wing, Software Engineer at Lanica.co - Co-author of Beginning iPhone Games Development
- "Bringing emotions into games: the power of character animation." - Stefano Corrazza, CEO at Mixamo
#ART by CODE (Silent Auction)
#INDIE GAMES developers showcase
A great opportunity to showcase your work and get feedback from your peers and others in the game industry, as well be eligible to be chosen for an award and the opportunity to attend CODAME ART+TECH Festival
- Lost Toys by Barking Mouse Studio
- Full Bore by Casey Carlin
- Enhanced Wars by Ethan Levy
- Retrobooster by Terry Welsh
- Rad Raygun by Chris Bryant
- Eugene Houdin by Nick Smith
- Super Marshmallow Ninja by ArdentKid
- Undead Overlord by JumpCore Productions
- Canon Brawl by Turtle Sandbox
- byteRider by Alec McEachran
- Carlos Icaza, Lanica CEO
- Ivan Cavero Belaude, Chief Architect, Imaging at Nokia
- James Hsu, SVP at Tilting Point
- James Young, Co-founder at Playviews.
The Digital Game Museum is a Silicon Valley based videogame museum will be exhibiting three games that feature non-traditional game play plus the original art from an indie game that went viral and was a category finalist at Indiecade 2011. All games will be playable!
The Digital Game Museum preserves, presents, and studies the history and evolution of digital games and explores the impact of games on individuals, communities, and society. The museum has an emphasis on conservation, research and community engagement. Visit the website at http://digitalgamemuseum.org for more information.
When & Where
Nonprofit events to Play, Celebrate & Inspire through experience.
Promoting collaboration inspired by the convergence of art and technology.
We build immersive, engaging, out of the ordinary experiences by:
- Playing together with artists, coders, designers, game developers, creators, performers and musicians.
- Celebrating creativity by building magic-inspiring experiences that combine art with technology.
- Inspiring individuals, entrepreneurs, innovators, startups and companies by injecting creativity into their lives and organizations.
Founded in 2010 and based in San Francisco, California, Bruno Fonzi, inspired by the creative coders, designers, artists he worked with and met at Interactive Conferences around the world, decided to celebrate his passion of Art and Technology back home. CODAME's first ART+TECH Festival was born on a rooftop downtown San Francisco together with Coder/Musician/Artist Jordan Gray aka Starpause.
After 5 years and more than 60 events, 2014 marks CODAME’s most ambitious year to date. Expanding beyond its stronghold in San Francisco, the community is growing to a national level to encompass gaming, design, big data visualization, hackers, music, large-scale installations, fashion and 3D printing as well as internationally-recognized fine artists. CODAME is accelerating the way we interpret and express our rapidly changing world.
/// ANY PIXEL+BIT COUNTS!
With the support of like-minded partners we plan to triple our numbers and bring the San Francisco innovative, independent, and creative spirit of CODAME around the world. Support us!
Become a patron of the Art and Technology. Support and engage with the Artist of your choice. Some of the Artist work is available for commission through the CODAME Adopt an Artist program. For more information click here or just get in touch.
… and more than 100 amazing artists and volunteers…