Cocktails for Camp- Atlanta's Largest Happy Hour
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (EDT)
2nd ANNUAL COCKTAILS FOR CAMP
ATLANTA'S LARGEST HAPPY HOUR
A Fundraiser Benefiting Georgia Lions Camp for the Blind
Join over 1,000 professionals for Atlanta's largest happy hour of the year! Aja is closing the restaurant to the public this year. There will be complimentary appetizers and drink specials for all that attend. Raffles tickets will be sold at this event, 15+ Prizes valued between $300- 500.00 each. Live music on the patio with a DJ inside. Free valet parking and self-park validation.
Promotional Codes offered through hosting organizations. $10 discount until 7/11/12 and $5 discount until 7/20/12. Contact your organization for code or additional information.
NEEDED: YOUR SUPPORT!
The goal of the Georgia Lions' Camp for the Blind is to provide a residential camping experience for blind and visually impaired individuals residing in Georgia. Though full utilization is made of staff and facilities, a recreational emphasis is placed on social, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual growth. It is the function of the staff member through the small group living process, to aid in the achievement of the following objectives:
- to foster positive self-concept development of campers
- to provide the opportunity for social interaction and the development of social skills
- to foster the desire for participation in all camp activities
- to develop in campers, a sense of responsibility and respect for others
- to provide the opportunity to develop a more positive attitude toward their disability
- to enable the camper to learn to accept ways of competing and cooperating with others
- to stimulate in campers greater independence, self reliance, resourcefulness, and initiative
- to help the camper learn new skills and to explore one’s individual abilities
- to encourage participation in, and shared responsibilities of a democratic society
- to provide opportunities for understanding and appreciation through an awareness of the natural surroundings
- to aid the camper to achieve self-realization, self fulfillment and personal identity and have fun!!
All contributions are greatly appreciated and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Camp for the Blind.
When & Where
JCI Atlanta (Jaycees) is an organization of young professionals that provides a wide range of activities. Members can participate in anything from community involvement, business networking, leadership development, social events to educational workshops.
Membership is extended to individuals ages 21- 40. We have played a vital role in Atlanta's growth and prosperity for over ninety years.