Cocktails at the Castle: Loki's Halloween Bash
Thursday, October 31, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM (CDT)
ASI’s popular Cocktails at the Castle series makes an otherworldly return on Halloween as ASI transforms into the Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology.
Journey from Niflheim (ruled by Hel, goddess of the underworld) to Gimle (the high heavens) as you encounter the giants, gods and goddesses of the worlds. Look into the future with the goddesses of Vanaheim, travel the Rainbow Bridge to Asgard to join the party and share ale with the Æsir (expect to see Thor, Odin and fallen Vikings) in Valhalla.
- Live music by local bands Crimes and Strange Names
- DJ set by Into the Void Records
- Make DIY masks
- Fall food and specialty cocktails by FIKA
- Silent dance party with music by Negative Beach
- Swedish horror shorts presented by the Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul
- Insights from investigations of the Turnblad Mansion by the Twin Cities Paranormal Society
- Divination Room, ghosts stories and more with artists Nathan Lewis and Lacey Prpic Hedtke
- Costumes encouraged!
Tickets for this 21+ event are $15. Tickets must be purchased in advance at: https://cocktailsatthecastle3.eventbrite.com/
ASI members receive free fortune telling when they check in at the Information Table. Bike to the event and check-in your helmet to receive $1 off drinks all night!
Event partners include the Twin Cities Paranormal Society, the Film Society of Minneapolis-St. Paul, and Into the Void Records.
When & Where
American Swedish Institute
The American Swedish Institute is a vibrant arts & cultural center and museum. The historic Turnblad Mansion first became home to the organization in 1929. The new Nelson Cultural Center addition opened in June 2012 and added a welcoming reception area, café, gallery, event center, studio craft classroom, terrace, courtyard, and new Museum Shop space.