CMAA PNW Chapter - Rental Car Facility June Site Tour
Friday, June 10, 2011 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM (PDT)
June 10, 2010
Consolidated Rental Car Facility
Construction Site Tour
Please join the Northwest CMAA for a 1 1/2-hour tour of the Consolidated Rental Car Facility construction site, one of the largest public works projects in our area.
The Consolidated Rental Car Facility is a five-story structure that will support all of the airport-related rental car operations at one convenient location. It is designed to the current and future demands of the traveling public. The facility will greatly improve the size, space, and efficiency of rental car operations that are currently spread out from the main terminal garage and multiple off-site locations.
· Five-level facility over 23 acres, approximately 2.1 million square feet
· Quick Turn Around (QTA) facilities, 4 operational floors, with the 5th floor including a Bus Plaza, Customer Service Building and employee parking
· QTA s are designed to reclaim water during and after car wash process. 85% of water used in car wash is reclaimed, filtered and reused.
· Designed for 45 million annual passengers
· Aviation Division’s first sustainable pilot project
· Project on track for LEED NC 2.2 Silver rating
· Scheduled to open in second quarter of 2012
Safety gear is required for the tour. Please bring vests, hats, gloves and glasses. All attendees need to wear steel-toed, over-the-ankle safety boots or shoes, no exceptions (no tennis, athletic, workout, office, walking or dress shoes).
Please park across the street from the project, sign in at Turner and then gather in front of the trailers. Estimating the tour will take about an hour after everyone is coordinated. Please carpool.
Lunch: We will meet at a local restaurant if there is interest before the tour.
Tour: 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm