CMAA ANNUAL PROJECT TOUR & HAPPY HOUR EVENT-DATE CHANGE!!
Friday, June 15, 2012 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PDT)
Please join the CMAA group for the annual project tour at Brightwater. Details are still being confirmed, but please RSVP if you can make it on June 15th. We will meet at 2pm sharp, and will be wrapped up at the Brightwater site no later than 4pm that day. Happy hour will start shortly after, and perhaps that can involve touring the brewery as well. We encourage you to bring new folks to this CMAA event! A new face will equal a free beer!
Treatment Plant Tour Visitor Information: Please Read!
Tour is scheduled from 2-4pm; this is still a construction site so please bring PPE so you can participate in the tour.
You will be touring an industrial wastewater facility which has industrial noises, smells, stairs, uneven walking surfaces, etc.
All participants must wear closed toe walking shoes; no heels. People wearing heels and sandals will not be allowed to tour.
Dress for the weather – the tour will be mostly outside; umbrellas, rain coats recommended.
Participants will be walking for 1-2 hours during the tour.
Hard hats will be provided for all visitors to wear while touring – you are welcome to bring your own if you have one.
Cameras are welcome and encouraged. Cell phone service is limited at some field sites.
No smoking, eating or drinking while touring.
Participants will be separated from vehicles while touring – make sure to have any necessary medications, emergency supplies, inhalers, etc. with you.
Restroom stops will be limited while at the site.
Due to the layout of the facilities, all participants must arrive and leave at the same time. Late arrivals will not be able to join. Early departures will not be accommodated.
Children under 9 years old cannot tour our facilities. If children older than 9 years or anyone with physical limitations will be joining your group, this MUST be communicated to your scheduling contact prior to arriving. Some accommodations may not be possible.
King County staff can end a tour early for any reason.
Safety is our first priority. King County Wastewater Treatment Division Treatment Plant Tours Program provides free water quality tours to youth and adults throughout King County. Tours provide information that helps protect our regional sewer system, our local environment and the health of our communities.
Driving Directions: Please READ!!!!
Meeting Area at Brighwater :
Brightwater Conveyance Office
North Creek Corporate Center
19204 North Creek Parkway S, Suite 250
Bothell, WA 98011
The following are driving directions from downtown Bellevue and Seattle to the Brightwater Conveyance Office in North Creek and from the office to other Brightwater sites.
Directions from Downtown Bellevue to the Conveyance Office
1. From NE 8th St. in downtown Bellevue, take I-405 north for 10.2 miles.
2. Take the NE 195TH ST exit from I-405 (EXIT 24) toward Beardslee Blvd. Travel 0.5 miles.
3. Turn RIGHT onto NE 195TH St, proceed to traffic signal at NE 195th and North Creek Parkway. Travel 0.1 miles.
4. Turn RIGHT on to North Creek Parkway. Travel 0.1 miles.
5. Turn LEFT to the parking lot of the North Creek Corporate Center located at 19204 North Creek Parkway S, Suite 250, Bothell, WA 98011.
Total Est. Time: 14 minutes Total Est. Distance: 11.77 miles
Directions from Downtown Seattle to Brightwater Conveyance Office
1. Take I-5 northbound. Travel 1.9 miles.
2. Merge onto WA-520 E via EXIT 168B toward Bellevue/Kirkland. Travel 6.7 miles.
3. Merge onto I-405 Northbound toward Everett. Travel 10.6 miles.
4. Take the NE 195TH ST exit- EXIT 24- toward Beardslee Blvd. Travel 0.5 miles.
5. Turn RIGHT onto NE 195TH ST. Travel 0.1 miles.
6. Turn RIGHT onto North Creek Parkway. Travel 0.1 miles.
7. Turn LEFT to the parking lot of the North Creek Corporate Center located at 19204 North Creek Parkway S, Suite 250, Bothell, WA 98011.
Total Est. Time: 23 minutes Total Est. Distance: 19.56 miles
Driving directions from Brighwater to the Redhook Brewery:
14300 NE 145th Street
Woodinville, WA 98072