Cloudera Training for Apache HBase - June 30
Thursday, June 30, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Clara, CA
Cloudera's training for Apache HBase is designed for developers already familiar with Apache Hadoop. We will assume participants are familiar with Hadoop's architecture, APIs and have written basic applications. Cloudera's Hadoop Developer course provides all the necessary background required.
Please note, HBase is under active development, and as such, we may add or remove some content to provide the most relevant information at the time.
We'll alternate between instructional sessions and hands-on labs to ensure participants leave ready to write their own HBase applications. In order to participate in the hands-on labs during class, you must bring a laptop with at least 2GB of RAM. A virtual machine will be provided with the lab environment.
We'll cover the following topics:
- Introduction to HBase
- Understanding tables, row keys and column families
- Choosing column attributes
- Designing for locality and access patterns
- An example
- The HBase
- Creating and manipulating data using the command-line shell
- Hands-on exercise
- The HBase
- HMaster, RegionServers and Zookeeper
- Caching in HBase
- HBase Java
- Basic Data Access APIs
- MapReduce Integration
- Hands-on exercise: Accessing HBase from your Application
- Understand and use locking
- Advanced API features
- Using Filters
- Accessing HBase from non-Java applications
- Explain the HBase versions
- Node topology
- Zookeeper management
- Monitoring and Tuning an HBase installation
When & Where
Cloudera brings Hadoop to enterprise users. We provide a certified distribution based on the most recent stable release from Apache, online and live training, as well as commercial support.