CloudCamp London - Big Data Special
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (GMT)
Clerkenwell Green, United Kingdom
CloudCamp is an unconference where early adopters of Cloud Computing technologies exchange ideas. With the rapid change occurring in the industry, we need a place where we can meet to share our experiences, challenges and solutions. At CloudCamp, you are encouraged to share your thoughts and experience in several open discussions, as we strive for the advancement of Cloud Computing. End users, IT professionals and vendors are all encouraged to participate.
The Big Data Special
Departing from the norm, for this CloudCamp we have a theme - 'Big Data' - a perfect use case for the cloud and the cloud is a perfect place to storge manage and analyse big data. Or is it? come along, find out and discuss, let us know what you think. Of course if you have non data related cloud questions and opinions you'll have the opportunity to voice them.
As always the unconference will provide vendor neutral unbiased expert opinion, answering questions and discussing issues in a fun and educational way, along with the opportunity to network with cloud users, consultants and vendors. It is a forum where you can get your cloud questions answered in a unbiased way and meet people with real cloud experieince.
We keep vendor sales pitches to a minimum by giving the audience 'red cards' - if you don't like what the speakers are saying send them off!
- The Crypt , St James Church, Clerkenwell Close, London, EC1R 0EA.
Registration and networking from 6pm
- Introduction to CloudCamp Simon Wardley of the Leading Edge Forum
- Lightning Talks - short 5 minute educational, non-sales, and entertaining talks.
- Peter Matthews Research Staff Member at CA Technologies - a look at CA’s research projects in Big Data and Visualisation
- Mark Wilson, Fujitsu - “Everyone’s talking about big data but the bulk of the conversation seems to focus on a new level of business intelligence and an ever-increasing volume of data organised into OLTP, OLAP and NoSQL siloes. In this talk, Mark Wilson puts forward a view that the real value is not from the big data itself but how we can employ linked data concepts to integrate structured, unstructured and semistructured data sets – and then use this unified data source to derive new value.”
- Chris Swan, UBS - "Security Information and Event Management – a big data problem. A look at how big data tools are being used for security monitoring"
- Tom Leyden, Amplidata - 'Big Unstructured Data (in the cloud)'. How Object Storage is the alternative to file systems to store large amounts of Big Unstructured Data like Big Data innovations such as Hadoop were the alternative to relational databases when those proved inadequate.
- Norm Driskell, RazorFish - a real-life case study on Best Buy and the continuous optimisation and retargeting of advertising placement.
- Matt Wood, EMEA Evangelist AWS - tba
- Unpanel - cloud experts volunteer to join the panel to answer questions from the floor
- Unconference - an opportunity for everyone to further discuss the topics surfaced in the unpanel that require further discussion.
- From 8:30pm: Networking, drinks and pizza
- 9:30pm close
More at http://www.cloudcamp.org/london