The Cloud Grows Up
Hundreds of startups and small businesses have launched and scaled in the last few years, with little more than a bright idea and a credit card – all thanks to affordable cloud solutions like Amazon, Box, and Salesforce.
The cloud continues to deliver these advantages today. But now it’s not just a promise: Cloud technologies have a credible story and solid case studies to tell prospective customers in the enterprise.
Now in its third year, VentureBeat’s highly-acclaimed CloudBeat event will track the growing maturity of the cloud through two days of high-value discussions, case studies, breakout sessions, and exclusive announcements.
Unlike nearly all other cloud events, the customers themselves are front and center. Their discussions with vendors and other experts unearth rare lessons on cloud adoption, providing insights and actionable data on new technologies, what's working, who’s buying what, and where the industry is going.
In other words, it’s not just your usual empty promises. CloudBeat will be filled with data and insights from the real world.
This year’s program features new cases from PayPal, Netflix, Pivotal, Linkedin, Disney, General Electric, IBM, and Salesforce, to name a few. They’ll each feature a senior IT executive talking about cloud strategy and implementation.
Paul Maritz -- Chief Executive Officer, Pivotal -- will be speaking about the vision of his new product, Pivotal One, said to be the "operating system for the cloud."
Salesforce COO and second-in-command George Hu will be making a rare appearance to talk about his company’s industry-leading SaaS tech.
Saran Mandai -- Sr. Director, Infrastructure Engineering at PayPal -- will be talking about how his company has moved away from proprietary cloud, to embrace the open source OpenStack cloud infrastructure on an unprecedented scale.
Ariel Tseitlin -- Director of Cloud Solutions at Netflix -- will talk about the internal tools and new partnerships Netflix is building to help scale its offering and further augment Amazon’s cloud service.
- Paul Maritz, CEO, Pivotal
- George Hu, COO, Salesforce
- Saran Mandair, Sr. Director, Infrastructure Engineering, PayPal
- Ariel Tseitli, Director of Cloud Solutions, Netflix
- Ilya Fushman, Head of Product for Business & Mobile, Dropbox
- Fabio Rosati, CEO, Elance
- Andres Bang, Head of Sales & Operations Systems
- Peter Lopez, System Architect, Disney
- Laura Merling, VP, Ecosystems & Solutions, AT&T
- Sam Schillace, VP of Engineering, Box
- Dan Siroker, Co-Founder & CEO, Optimizely
- Bryan Cantrill, SVP, Engineering, Joyent
- Jim Franklin, CEO, SendGrid, Inc.
- Konstantin Gredeskoul, CTO, Wanelo
- David Lenoe, Product Security Director, Adobe
- Rod Smith VP, Emerging Technology, IBM
- Joe Arnold, CEO, SwiftStack
- Elliot Tally, Sr. Director, Enterprise Applications, Sanmina
- James Tamplin, Founder & CEO, Firebase
- John Dillon, CEO, Engine Yard
- Jeff Lawson, Co-Founder & CEO, Twilio
- Ping Li, Partner, Accel Partners
- Jeff MacMillan, CEO, Dark Matter Labs
- John Martin, Sr. Director of Product Engineering, Edmunds.com
- Jyoti Bansal, Founder & CEO, AppDynamics
- Gordon Ritter, Founder & General Partner, Emergence Capital Partners
- Justin Gehtland, Co-Founder & CEO, Relevance
- Kurt Zimmer, CTO, Room Key
- Elizabeth Allen, Product Manager, Metamarkets
- Dave Gilbert, Founder & CEO, SimpleSignal
- Michael Smith, CTO, Canvas
- Alex Danyluk, Sr. Director, ISV/SaaS Alliances, Parallels
- Joan Fazio, Sr. Dir, Emerging Channels, Verticals, Commercial Marketing
- Byron Deeter, Partner, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Jamie Sutherland, President, Xero
- Rand Wacker, Vice President of Product Management, CloudPassage
- Stephen Guerin, CEO, SimTable
- Lou Antonucci, VP of Sales, Scribe Software
- Philippe Cases, General Partner, Partech International
- Dean Ernst, Director, Marketing & Social Media, LED Source
- Uday Keshavdas, Director of Business Development, Box
- Damon Donnell, Director Engineering Systems, Parsons
- Osman Kent, CEO & Co-Founder, Numecent
- Duke Skarda, CTO, SoftLayer
- Mike Miller, Co-Founder & Chief Scientist, Cloudant
- John Musser, Founder, ProgrammableWeb
- John Wolpert, Leader of API Marketplace Enablement, IBM
- Mike Maney, Dir. Corporate Comm., Software, Services & Solutions, Alcatel-Lucent
- Steven Willmott, CEO, 3Scale
- Alex Lai, Senior Manager of Sales Systems, LinkedIn
- Ben Kepes, Industry Commentator, Consultant & Investor, Diversity Limited
- Guy Nirpaz, Co-Founder & CEO, Totango
- Mat Ellis, Founder & CEO, Cloudability
- Matt Rosoff, IDG Enterprise, Editorial Director, CITEworld
- Oudi Antebi, SVP of Product Management & Design, Jive
- Scott Holden, VP of Platform, Salesforce
- David Baker, Chief Security Officer, Okta
- Kyle Quest, Founder, CloudImmunity
- Bruce A Phillips, CPA, Managing Member, Harshman Phillips & Company
- Dimitris Tsigos, President & Co-Founder, Epignosis
- Jai Das, Managing Director, SAP Ventures
- Robert Abbott, General Partner, Norwest Venture Partners
- Scott Hansbury, COO & EVP, Axxess Unlimited
- Shel Waggener, SVP, Internet2
- Todd Rumberger, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Matt Ocko, Co-Managing Partner, Data Collective Venture Capital
- Ravi Belani, Managing Director, Alchemist Accelerator
- Justin Somaini, VP & Chief Trust Officer, Box
- Rowan Trollope, SVP & General Manager, Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group
- Andy Piper, Developer Advocate, Cloud Foundry, Pivotal
- Diane Mueller-Klingspor, Cloud Evangelist & OpenShift Origin Community Manager, Red Hat
- Jeff McDowell, CMO, Desire2Learn
- Jerome Lecat, CEO, Scality
- Kenny Van Zant, COO, Asana
- Mark Thiele, EVP, Data Center Tech, Switch
- Marten Mickos, CEO, Eucalyptus Systems
- Vineet Jain, CEO & Co-Founder, Egnyte
- Justin Pirie, Cloud Strategist
- Reuven Cohen, Chief Cloud Advocate, Citrix Systems
- Hugo Boyer, Software Engineer, Open Source Robotics Foundation
- Luke Kanies, CEO & Founder, Puppet Labs
- Deepak Jeevan Kumar, Partner, General Catalyst Partners
- James Watters, Head of Product, Marketing, and Ecosystem, Cloud Foundry
- Joe Onisick, Founder, Define the Cloud
- Barton George, Director, Cloud Developer Program
- Dan Scholnick, General Partner, Trinity Ventures
- Dave McCrory, SVP of DSP (Platform) Engineering, Warner Music Group
- Isaac Roth, Venture Advisor, Isaac RothShasta Ventures
- James Kenigsbery, CTO, 2U
- James Urquhart, Director of Product, Cloud Management Systems, Dell
- John Lee, Director of Entrepreneur Services Group, Silicon Valley Bank
- Stan Hsu, Sr. Software Dev Manager, PayPal
- Alex Freedland, Co-Founder & Chairman, Mirantis
- Chris Kemp, Co-Founder & CEO, Nebula
- Dr. James Walsh, CTO, GlobalLogic
- Sam Charrington, Principal, CloudPulse Strategies
- Brian Hierholzer, Founder & CEO, Artisan Infrastructure
Day two of CloudBeat will feature a lively startup competition where ten cloud companies -- chosen from a pool of hundreds -- will pitch their products/services live in front of an expert panel of judges and the full audience. There were over 200 applications this year, and the ten finalists will be announced soon!
We'll help you find those new investors, new hires, and new business opportunities through a series of organized initiatives including roundtable lunch discussions, quick-connect sessions, business card bingo, receptions, and a slick new networking app.
Join 500 executives — with a mix of business and IT decision makers, analysts, investors, brands, marketers, and press — at the premiere event on enterprise cloud adoption.
Tickets are limited, and going fast. We hope to see you in September!
Full event details here.
*Tickets will not be refunded within 30 days of the event.
Have questions about CloudBeat 2013?