Cloud Computing Foundations (in MV)
Friday, July 27, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (PDT)
Mountain View, CA
Cloud Computing Basics
This workshop covers the basics of Cloud Computing. Whether the scholar is a business executive or professional, the workshop will provide an easy way to understand benefits of this new computing evolution. The workshop covers the lexicon used in Cloud Computing and bring to realization the economics of this evolution in cloud computing and how it is shaping this new industry.
Who Should Come?
Professionals who want to build a strong foundation in Cloud computing concepts and bridge technical and business perspective.
Tell me more
What could be more amazing than learning how to use a cloud strategy canvas to design a great cloud strategy for projects of any size?
To get these results you'd actually need aFinall few more things:
The Cloud Strategy Canvas is what we will use as a tool. The rest of the elements—diverse teams, broad exploration, and rigorous critique—will be provided through multiple levels of game play. In the past our feedback is that these workshops are fun, challenging, and unforgettable. You will forge lasting professional relationships with teammates and worthy opponents as you quickly hone your business model design skills.
Finally. you not only walk away the knowledge of Cloud but also how the Cloud will evolve in the future.
Bob Singh has over 18 years of experience in Product Management and Leadership throughout the Innovation Cycle for Web-based Products and Platforms—Analysis, Design, Development, Quality, and Service Delivery. Additionally, Bob shares knowledge on Product Management and Innovation Leadership through design, development and delivery of evening and weekend classes at Carnegie Mellon West and Stanford University. He has co-developed scenario-based and story-centered curriculum design models and incorporates competitive game play in his courses.
Bob is a curator at Cloudstrategygeneration.com, where he is a contributor to Cloud Strategy Canvas, a framework that would enable decision making for choice of Cloud technologies for IT projects of any size. Bob’s versatile leadership and problem-solving skills have made him an effective change agent across a wide range of industries and in companies of all sizes—from early stage startups to industry-leading global corporations like Cisco, Charles Schwab and Oracle. Bob holds a Masters in Software Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University.
In March 2012, at Stanford University, Bob Singh introduced Cloud Strategy Canvas in two short games involving challenges in:
- Creating a cloud strategy for tools for an engineering team in a startup using offshore resources.
- And another scenario involving sales portfolio management for a group of 80 account managers with annual gross revenue of 500 million a year.
.. And introduced Business Model Canvas using a few of the many audacious challenges being tackled by the Stanford Peace Innovation Lab. The result was a tremendously enjoyable event with outstanding engagement, collaboration, and hands-on learning
We know that you're going to love this Cloud Computing Strategy Design Gameference and gain new tools and insights to turbo-charge your cloud, mobile and big data initiatives! See you there!
What are the workshop goals?
- Understanding of Cloud Layers and relative interaction
- Bridging Technology and Business by using following tools
- Help learners understand the usage of Cloud Strategy Canvas (www.cloudstrategygeneration.org) and Business Model Canvas(www.businessmodelcanvas.com)
- Help learners understand how to make technology decisions for choosing Cloud Services for small, medium and large scale projects
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for the professionals, who want to understand the fundamentals of Cloud computing from a business perspective.
- Anyone interested in understand Cloud Computing Basics and designing Business or Service Models around Cloud, Mobile, or Big Data.
- Executives, managers, and business leaders
- Intrapreneurs, pioneers, and change agents
- Innovators, designers, product managers, architects and engineers.
Do you offer group discounts?
Please contact us at email@example.com for a discount code if you have groups of five or more attending.
What can I expect in a workshop?
First, learners are given an introduction to business view of the cloud. They work in teams through a scenario in which they apply the Cloud Strategy Canvas producing a solution - a strategy for applying cloud-enabled-solution to a real world problem. Problem in scenarios presented are real world problems.
Learners are then given a technical perspective of Cloud and then work through a real world scenario applying Business Model Canvas and Cloud Strategy Canvas to understand how bridge technical and business gaps for modeling best Cloud Solutions.
What factors are considered in scenario design?
Following factors play a role in scenario design:
- Each experiential scenario is unique
- Cloud Supply Chain
- Real World Examples from different industry verticals
Do your sponsors influence your workshop goals?
Our sponsors provide guidance on the new technology trends in Cloud Computing and in designing scenarios for enabling Cloud strategy in IT projects. Our workshop is vendor neutral. Our sponsors are companies (small startups as well as large companies) enabling the Cloud Supply Chain or consumer of the Cloud technologies.
Does the workshop have any pre-requisites?
There are no pre-requisites for this workshop.
What teaching methodology is used in these workshops?
Workshop uses a hybrid model - a combination of traditional lectures and Scenario Based Learning.
Do you have a detailed outline?
Detailed outline for the workshop is shown below:
- Grasp the fundamentals of Cloud Computing
- Business definition of the Cloud in context of user experience
- Technical definition being mindful of Architectural Attributes
- Evolving as-a-Service Business Models and their benefits
- Discover how the Management and Administration of the Cloud is different from Traditional Computing Systems.
- Factors involved in managing the Cloud
- Variation in skills for administering the Cloud Platform
- Experience establishing Cloud Strategy for a business context
- Describe the business context considering governance issues and business processes.
- Establish Administration of Cloud Services in context of SLA's, Support, Monitoring and Billing.
- Study the impact of architectural attributes on Cloud Strategy.
- Document a Cloud Strategy that untangles the computing environment, optimizes expense structure, improves security and supports conformance
- Learn the technical concepts of Cloud implementation
- Cluster as a single computer.
- Workload strategy alignment to the horse power in data center
- Application and Data Management of Clustered environments
- Private versus Public Clouds and conformance to Security Standards.
- Explore the creation of massively parallel scaled application system using As-A-Service concept.
- Learn how Cloud Computing will change everything that connects to it.
- Understand Security risks associated with Cloud Computing and ways to mitigate it.
- Create a governance structure and setting the IT structure for success
- Virtualization Layers and Cloud Computing
- Management of Devices that connect to the Cloud.
- Standards and Protocols for Cloud.
- Embarking on your journey for enabling Cloud Computing in your organization.
What is your cancellation policy?
All cancellations or substitutions must be received in writing.
- In the unlikely event that it becomes necessary to cancel a seminar, Cloud Strategy Generation Inc. (A Project of in-school.com inc.) will issue either a full refund or a full credit towards a future seminar, but will not be responsible for any charges incurred by the registrant, including hotel and airline fees
What if I have more questions?
Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
When & Where
Technology Enrichment Academy
Tech Enrichment Academy (www.techenrichment.org), a project of inschool.com inc, is focused on providing hands on learning experience with new technologies such as mobile development, cloud computing etc. to learners. Tech Enrichment Academy employs project based learning in a team setting to develop:
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Competence in new technologies
- Confidence in learning new technical skills.
Our pedagogy provides a mix of technical, organizational, team and professional skills for learners to identify them with leadership aptitude and help them discover and develop their potential. Our teachers are graduates from Carnegie Mellon University and other top universities who pride themselves in changing the world through experience oriented engagement.
inschool.com inc is a California C Corporation found in 1999 and has delivered several key projects to serve educational community.