Close Sales, Land Deals, & Get What You Want: Fearless Negotiation for Women in Startups
Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
- Are you proud of your career and your brand but do you freeze when it comes to negotiating funding and contracts to grow it?
- Have you found success in business yet have trouble expressing this value to potential clients or investors?
- Do your friends and family constantly congratulate you on your success, but you feel completely unsure about yourself when advocating for what you want?
- Does negotiation make you feel uncomfortable or even sleazy?
If any of the above questions describes how you feel as a young woman in an entrepreneurial or startup role, then you can’t miss the upcoming workshop “Close Sales, Land Deals, & Get What You Want: Fearless Negotiation for Women in Startups.”
In this free session on March 27 at Mission 50, Northern New Jersey’s leading coworking space, Melody Wilding, LMSW, will work through one of the toughest challenges women in the startup world face: negotiation.
(if you can't make it or don't live in the NYC area, RSVP and let me know you're interested. I'll be giving this workshop as a virtual event soon!)
Melody, whose unique therapeutic approach aims to assist young professionals re-shape their self-image to help them take ownership over their business, professional projects, and personal relationships, will explore the reasons why we find negotiation scary and uncomfortable. She will then offer specific, actionable tools to help you navigate and master negotiation in a way that feels genuine and empowering—not sleazy.
By the end of this event, you will know how to:
- Re-frame how you think about negotiation—as a conversation, not a high-pressure, impersonal trial
- Build confidence that makes you not only feel better, but come across better in negotiations
- Understand how our unique traits as women can play to our advantage in negotiation situations
Are you ready to grow your business in a way that aligns with your values and character? RSVP now and share this with your friends!
(ps. remember - if you can't make it or don't live in the NYC area, RSVP and let me know you're interested. I'll be giving this workshop as a virtual event soon!)
When & Where
Melody Wilding, LMSW
Melody Wilding, LMSW is a psychology expert, coach, and therapist for entrepreneurs and young professionals. Melody has helped entrepreneurs running some of today’s top startups along with published authors and media personalities. Her advice has been featured on Glamour.com, The Huffington Post, The Daily Muse, and more. Schedule your free session at and follow her on Twitter at .