Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Seminar is from 8:00 AM -4:30 PM.
- Contact hours: 6.75 CE
- A complete handout will be provided as part of the session. You only need to bring writing utensils. If you have an ECG caliber, please bring it.
- Audio taping is permitted. Use of computers and cell phones during the session are not permitted.
- All information provided is copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any way for distribution.
- Lunch and refreshments will be on your own.
- No smoking permitted on the property.
- Dress in layers for the session since conference rooms can vary in temperature.
- For more information you may contact us by e-mail (preferred) or phone.
o E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Phone: 419-305-3043
About the session:
The goal of this full-day session is to enable the bedside professional to perform an interpretation of a 12-lead ECG and apply it to the clinical setting. Recognition of normal waves and a “quick and dirty” way to determine axis is presented. Bundle branch block patterns and hemiblocks are reviewed using 12-lead tracings.
Recognition of ischemia, injury and infarction is accomplished using a pathophysiologic approach to enhance understanding of the mechanism of the condition and then correlate it to the changes seen on the 12-lead. Chamber hypertrophy, electrolyte imbalances, and drug effects are also reviewed using patient assessment parameters and changes seen in the electrical system of the heart.
- Verbalize the ability to look at a 12-lead ECG and recognize normal waves and conduction.
- Identify intraventricular conduction delays which may be present on the 12-lead ECG.
- Describe the ECG changes and patterns seen in myocardial ischemia and infarction.
- Verbalize the ability to recognize ECG changes associated with chamber hypertrophy, electrolyte imbalances, and medications and other medical conditions.
Recent seminar comments:
“The information presented here will be used everyday in the work setting. I now have a better understanding of ECGs and how they apply to my patients.”
“Always a pleasure listening to you. I have taken several ECG classes. You made learning ECGs easier to understand.”
“Excellent coverage of material. Very informative class.”
Your Instructor: Cynthia M. Liette, MS, APRN, ACNS-BC, CCRN
Ms. Liette has been a nurse for more than 30 years. She has worked in a variety of clinical settings including intensive/ coronary care, emergency room, medical-surgical units, and supervision. She currently works as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in a rural health care system. She has been an educator for practicing nurses, nursing students, and paramedics for more than 25 years while still maintaining a clinical practice. Her numerous seminars consistently receive excellent reviews from all levels of health professionals.
She holds a Master’s Degree from Wright State University in the Clinical Nurse Specialist Adult Health track and is Board Certified as a CNS. She is also an ACLS instructor and is certified in both critical care and trauma nursing.
She is the owner and president of Educational Concepts, LLC. She has authored a successful pharmacology series and has taught a wide variety of subjects including Nurse Refresher and Nurse Internship programs, Critical Care courses, 12-Lead ECG and Rhythm interpretation, IV therapy, and Lab and ABG interpretation, She is also the author of The Pearls for Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Review course.
She is a member of Sigma Theta Tau - National Nursing Honor Society, National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists and the American Association of Critical Care Nurses.
Educational Concepts, LLC is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurse’s Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
(Recent date change) Mercer Health;
800 W. Main St.
BrainyNurses.com by Educational Concepts, LLC
The description of the company goes here.