San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
i>clickers are the supported UAB student response system. These clickers are easy to use, with a very shallow learning curve for faculty and students, and are fairly easy to integrate with Instructure Canvas. From obtaining the software and instructor kits, to integrating with Canvas, to question types and examples of good use, i>Clicker training at the Center for Teaching and Learning can help you get ready for teaching your class, using clickers.
Take-Aways for i>Clicker Training:
Participants will learn how to:
- create a connection between i>clicker/i>grader and a Canvas course.
- conifigure settings for the course, including the base frequency, the LMS (Canvas), typical session grading options and whether or not the i>clicker Go app can be used in place of an actual clicker.
- how to create question lists before hand
- how to use questions on the fly
- how to use the three question types
- how to run a session, and how to restart a session if accidentally closed
- how to download Canvas course rosters and sync the roster with Canvas
- how to upload session grades into Canvas
- how to run i>grader reports
Training is by appointment, only. Please order a ticket below, with Terry Harrington (email@example.com), to schedule training (individuals up to groups of 12).
When & Where
NOTE: All workshops are for UAB faculty and staff only. You must be a current employee to register.
Our purpose is to provide a technology-supported education system and the services that contribute to the strategic mission of the University, to the quality of education, and to the learning outcomes of UAB staff and students. We support a blended approach to teaching and learning. Find out more about Instructional Technology at UAB by visiting our website at www.uab.edu/bblearn.