'Continuing Education & Networking Event'
April 15, 2014
4 AIA HSW Credit Hours
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
8:00 AM Registration
Morning pastries, fruit and coffee provided.
8:30 - 9:30 AM (on time BG)
Densified Concrete & Densified Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: CDI102
AIA Provider: Curcrete Distribution, Inc.
Presenter: Deke Rife
Learn more about the differences between densified concrete and densified-polished concrete. Identify how chemical densifiers can enhance the performance of concrete floors and the many alternatives and choices that are available on the market today. Also learn more about densified-polished concrete and how this process takes densified concrete one step further, providing all the benefits of a chemically densified floor, with an aesthetically pleasing decorative finish.
1. Identify the differences between "densified concrete" and "densified-polished concrete."
2. Identify the challenges, disadvantages of using floor coatings and membranes as
opposed to chemical densifiers.
3. Identify the advantages of using chemical densifiers over floor coatings and
membranes. Identify the added benefits that polishing can add to densified concrete
and the low life cycle cost factor when compared to other types of flooring materials
and coverings such as tile, terrazzo, etc.
4. Learn how the process of concrete densification eliminates the need for additional
applications, and can enhance the overall performance of concrete for the life of the
floors, when using the right chemical densifier product.
9:40 - 10:40 AM (on time BG)
Sustainable Materials in Restrooms, Locker Rooms and Other Applications
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: ISP10B
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | USGBC Course ID: 0090007573
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Scranton Products
Presenter: Greg Borgia
• Define and describe the material characteristics of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).
• Describe how HDPE recycled content reduces environmental impact.
• List several ways HDPE materials offer both initial and long term improvements to the
indoor air quality of any project.
• Explain how responsible manufacturing is a critical part of any product’s life cycle
assessment and give several examples of these environmental improvements over
traditional manufacturing processes.
10:50 - 11:50 AM (on time BG)
Surface Innovation - Redefining Boundaries of Interior and Exterior Spaces with Ultracompact Surfacing – ‘Dekton by Cosentino’
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #:COS06E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Jeff Cannata
In this course, we explore a cutting edge surfacing technology, ultracompact surfacing. Gain insight
into how this surfacing material possesses the same characteristics of natural stone while providing
unmatched color and design flexibility.
1. Discuss the evolution of surfaces and the various types of surfacing material for interior and
2. Define ultracompact surfacing and the innovative production process that creates
intrinsically unique properties.
3. Discuss designing with ultracompact surfaces in terms color, texture, and format.
4. Discuss the advantages of compact surfaces in terms of strength, durability, chemical
resistance, absorption, abrasion resistance, and ASTM testing.
5. Identify possible interior/exterior application options with ultracompact surfacing material.
12:00 - 1:00 PM (on time BG)
Updated Course - Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems - July 2013
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E
AIA Provider: Metals USA
Presenter: Jack Libby
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a
project earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.