CLE/CPE/CE Box Lunch Series - 2013 Tax Update:
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 from 11:45 AM to 1:30 PM (CDT)
Institute Title: 2013 Tax Update: American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012…and beyond
Speaker: Cynthia Traina Donnes
Date: Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Schedule: Lunch: 11:45 –12:15 PM (Central)
Session 12:15 – 1:15 PM (Central)
Q&A Session: 1:15 – 1:30 PM (Central)
CLE: 1 hour – Approved for (Tax) specialization credit
*RSVP: Register through Event Brite or call (504) 837-7177
Presented Live: 10th Floor – Conference Room
3445 North Causeway, Suite 1000,
Metairie, LA 70002
This program will focus on the current tax changes resulting from the fiscal cliff legislation and how it will impact ordinary income, capital gains, estate and gift taxes, retirement and education, as well as the applications of the Healthcare and Medicare surtax so that you may better represent your clients in complying with the new rules, providing income and estate tax strategies and help minimize tax liabilities.
Who Should Attend
This tax update course is designed for attorneys as well as accountants, financial advisors, and paralegals.
The following information is educational in nature and not meant to be specific tax/legal advice.
• Fiscal Cliff Legislation Effects – what we avoided; what is still lingering.
• Income tax changes (PEP & Pease Provisions) with case study
• Capital Gains – Qualified Dividends and Net Investment Income impacts
• Application of Healthcare and 3.8% Medicare Surtax
• Retirement Plan Related Changes
• Tax Sensitive Ideas – Strategy ideas
• Estate, Gift & GST Tax