CleanEdison BPI BA/ES Bootcamp LA - New Orleans Jan 20, 2014
Monday, January 20, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PST)
New Orleans, LA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
CleanEdison's Entry Level Solar PV course aligns with the professional standards set forth by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to begin their path into the solar energy industry.
Why Take This Course:
- The Entry Level Solar PV training course is a helpful first step to earning a NABCEP Certification. As the solar industry continues to grow, a steadily growing supply of qualified installers will be needed to support the build-out.
- NABCEP certification is generally acknowledged as the "gold standard" for professional accreditation in the solar energy industry, and gives employers and customers a degree of certainty that practitioners have voluntarily met the high standards and qualifications set by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
- This Solar Energy Training course is IREC ISPQ Accredited and was designed to NABCEP's Job Task Analysis.
- You will gain solar installation skills that can immediately be applied to the field
- The solar energy industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
There are no prerequisites. Our entry level Solar Training is ideal for:
- Anyone who aspires to become a solar PV installation professional.
What You'll Learn:
CleanEdison's Solar Photovoltaic Entry Level PV Design and Installation Training thoroughly covers the topics outlined in the NABCEP Photovoltaic Entry Level Learning Objectives, which is the crucial first step in the NABCEP certification process.
- Calculate basic electricity values
- Identify the elements of PV systems
- Recognize important PV terms
- Understand the history of PV
- Identify consumers of PV technology
- Recognize advantages and disadvantages of PV systems
- Identify types of PV systems
- Understanding daily and annual solar variations
- Understand the importance of PV location
- Learn about techniques for shading analysis
- Be able to calculate electricity production from a PV system
- Learn about additional resources and solar energy employment opportunities
- 40 hours of live classroom and hands-on solar installation training
- CleanEdison's Introduction to Solar Photovoltaic Systems Manual
- NABCEP Entry Level Exam fee
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the NABCEP PV Entry Level Exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
CleanEdison's NABCEP Entry Level course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized NABCEP Entry Level accredidation.
When & Where
At CleanEdison, our mission is to promote clean technology and sustainable building practices throughout the United States with exceptional training, education and career assistance. We are a national training provider offering online, in-classroom, and hands-on vocational training to professionals, businesses, postsecondary institutions, government organizations and novices.
To date, CleanEdison has trained and certified thousands of individuals through the largest open enrollment clean technology program in the nation. Our training courses aim to develop a new group of professionals with the knowledge and expertise needed to lead the industry in a more environmentally and economically sustainable direction. With hundreds of hours of proprietary content, CleanEdison offers standardized courses to prepare students to gain nationally-recognized certifications in these growing sectors.
Our most popular courses include: Solar Training for NABCEP Certification, LEED Certification exam preparation and BPI Certification and HERS Rater Training courses.