San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Well twenty years has come a lot faster than we had hoped. It’s been a long time since we first opened our brown locker for the first time or enjoyed an entertaining rally. Our fearless leader Nishi Moonka has gathered a team of classmates who are working hard in their free time to organize another gathering of the class. For our 20th, we’ve moved the events closer to our hometown and we’ve decided to follow the reunion dinner with a family gathering. Allowing us all to show off our cute families or something else special in our lives.
The weekend will kick off with a Reunion Dinner at the Blackhawk Country Club in the in the Lakeside Clubhouse Ballroom, on Saturday the 28th at 6:00pm to 10:30pm. The evening will include music to everyones liking (don’t worry, we will try our hardest to make sure the usual wedding songs are off the rotation), a three-course sit-down dinner, full bar and a opportunity to remember times you thought were forgotten. Classmates are welcome to purchase tickets for partners or guests. The Saturday dinner is adult only, no children please and the suggested attire is Cocktail Attire. Tickets are $65 per adult.
On Sunday, September 29th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm, the reunion planners want to do a family gathering at the San Ramon Central Park. The gathering will be a potluck and ensure the little one’s have enough entertainment. We will also provide water & drinks for the potluck. Family Tickets (5 people) for the gathering is $20. Individual tickets are available at $5.00.
Through this online ticketing system (Eventbrite) you are able to purchase your tickets for the Reunion Dinner & Family Gathering. We are also organizing tours of the Cal High campus at some point during the weekend. We are also looking for financial help in making the reunion extra special by offering sponsorships. More details are provided below.
If you wish to purchase your ticket offline, please contact Brian Holloman-Kincaid or Nishi Moonka at the contact info below.
Blackhawk Country Club, 599 Blackhawk Club Drive, Danville, CA 94506
San Ramon Central Park
12501 Alcosta Boulevard, San Ramon, CA 94583
Sponsorships: We are offering classmates to become Sponsors either personally or through personal business interests. This is to alleviate costs of the weekend events and to help make both the dinner and family gathering are extra special. A sponsorship amount can be any amount, simply enter it in the sponsor field during the purchasing of your tickets. You will be contacted separately about signage or acknowledgment of your support if necessary. If you have any further questions about becoming a sponsor please contact Brian Holloman-Kincaid.
Cal High Tour Tickets: We are working with the school administration to have tours done around the school. So much has been demolished and changed since we left in June of 1993. The tour is free but we are charging $4.00 per person which will be a donation to the high school (tax deductible).
The discount offer is no longer available and regular pricing is now on the online ticketing site. We will be accepting ticket sales up until Friday, September 20, 2013. So buy your tickets soon!
The more tickets we see in the months prior to September, allows the planners enough wiggle room is providing a great experience for all those in attendance.
We are also offering tours of the high school to see all the large changes made to the school in the past 20 years.
If you wish to purchase your tickets offline, an order form is available through the Alumni Facebook Group Page or contact Brian Holloman-Kincaid to request a copy by email.
We hope you can make it to the 20th Class Reunion!
DJ PLAYLIST HELP......
We are working with a DJ for the Reunion Dinner and we would like your input on what songs to play......we've set the soundtrack restrictions to songs that came out when we were either in Jr. High or High School (between 1987 to 1993) this survey allows you to enter your suggestions.
(Please list the SONG TITLE & ARTIST NAME "ONLY" - Listing an artists name is to broad of an answer.) also (Please list your suggestions on the survey below or in the comments of this post.)
We are almost 4 months away from the class of 1993 "20th REUNION WEEKEND".
We are offering several events for classmates to get together. Starting on Saturday, September 28th, we are offering classmates the opportunity to tour the CAL HIGH campus in the early afternoon. The tour fee of $4.00 per person is a donation to the high school.
On Saturday evening, the reunion dinner will be hosted at Blackhawk Country Club. The evening will feature great music, deliscious food and raffle for some pretty awesome and hilarious gifts.
Then on Sunday, September 29th, we are hosting a family picnic for classmates and the their families at San Ramon Central Park. We are selling tickets to the picnic to provide drinks for all and entertainment for the kids. We hope you can make it to at least one of the events or maybe all.
Twenty years has gone by really fast, so many of us have had major life changes with new famlies or new career paths. Don't wait another 10 years to reconnect with old friends, we are getting older and with age comes unforseen health or life changes. We hope you can make it and we will make sure that the music is not to rediculous at the dinner.
So order your tickets today!
So we are coming down to the last two weeks before the big weekend and I am sure many of you have questions about the dinner, picnic or the tours. I’ve listed a few questions that have come up below. If none of them answer your question, please feel free to contact Nishi or Brian via email or Facebook.
- What are the scheduled times for all the Reunion Weekend events
- Cal High Campus Tours: Saturday 9/28 from 12pm to 1:30pm
- Reunion Dinner: Saturday 9/28 @ 6:00pm to 10:30pm
- Reunion Picnic: Sunday 9/29 from 12pm to 4pm
- Where do we meet for the Cal High Tours?
- We are awaiting confirmation on the name of your tour guide but everyone should meet at the high school front office which is still located at the front parking lot on Broadmore Drive. Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your selected time slot.
- Where is the Reunion Dinner being held?
- The dinner will be hosted at the Blackhawk Country Club in the Lakeview Clubhouse Ballroom in Danville, California.
- How can I help?
- Please contact Nishi Moonka or Brian Holloman-Kincaid to see what we need help with!
- How do I get through the West Gate (Blackhawk Road) or East gate Blackhawk Drive (Camino Tasajara)?
- Please tell the gate guard you are attending the “California High School Reunion” at the Lakeview Clubhouse.
- Is there a parking fee or where can I park?
- There is plenty of parking up at the clubhouse. There is no fee for parking. The ballroom entrance is at the second roundabout up the brick stairs. An elevator is available if needed.
- Do I need a print out of my tickets to get into the dinner?
- No need to waste paper. We will have access to your ticket order on iPads and a complete list of guests just incase we loose internet access. So no need to kill anymore trees!
- What should I wear for the dinner?
- The dress code for the dinner is “Cocktail Attire”.
- For ladies, a simple cocktail dress or dress pants blouse are perfect. If you are feeling adventurous, an evening gown will always bring smiles to your old friends, like Brian!
- For gents we are saying a pair of slacks and dress shirt are the essential but tie or jacket are NOT required.
- How late will the dinner last?
- The dinner will run from 6:00pm to 10:30pm, which includes music and dancing.
- Appetizers will be served from 6:00-7:00pm
- Sit down dinner service will begin between 700-800pm.
- Dessert will follow diner and music and dancing will begin during the entree service and last till 1030pm.
- How do I make sure my food allergy or any other dietary issues are brought to the attention of the wait and kitchen staff?
- If you didn’t already request a vegetarian option during the check out of your ticket purchase. Please contact Nikki (Saybe) Ericksen ASAP (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Will I miss the door raffle if I am fashionably late?
- The raffle will be run through out the evening with batches of prize winners being selected 4 or 5 times over the evening. Tickets will be on sale from 6:00 to 8:00pm at the door.
- Can I participate in the Door Raffle even though I am not attending the dinner?
- I wish I could say “Yes” and increase our fundraising, sadly California State Penal Code 320.5 prohibits the sale of tickets over the internet.
- Where is the picnic being held?
- The picnic is being held at San Ramon Central Park. We have reserved several tables located on the west side of the park. Just keep an eye out for Orange table clothes on the tables.
- What can I bring to picnic?
- Bring the whole family!
- Bring food for you and your family/guests or better yet bring something to share.
- Water and Soft Drinks will be provided.
- Bring plenty of sunscreen
- Bring Chairs
- Or better yet bring some great memories to share!
- What happens if RAIN is in the forecast for the picnic?
- If rain is expected between 11am to 5pm on Sunday, September 29th, then the picnic will be cancelled and everyone will be refunded their ticket purchases just for the picnic.
- I am not attending the reunion weekend but how can I help out the Alumni?
- The Reunion Planners are starting a Alumni Fund to help use get the 30th reunion off and running starting in the year 2021. This time around, several classmates had to help fund the event and we would like to not ask again. A portion of the funds raised from the door raffle will be going towards creating an Alumni fund. You can help sponsor this reunion by contacting Brian Holloman-Kincaid. We will thank you heavily when the time comes. Every little bit helps!