CityCamp Palo Alto | National Day of Civic Hacking
Saturday, June 1, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
Come to inspire and be inspired
An event for the whole family.
CityCamp Palo Alto is being held as the city's formal National Day of Civic Hacking event (Learn more here: http://hackforchange.org/). The day will bring together local government leaders and staff, local organizations, businesses, visitors, and community members and is focused on fun and civic innovation. There will be prototyping, a mini-maker faire, talks, discussions, music, and food.
CityCamp Palo Alto has four main goals:
- Bring together local government officials, municipal employees, experts, programmers, designers, citizens and journalists to share perspectives and insights about the City of Palo Alto.
- Identify opportunities to brainstorm, capture, design, and prototype solutions to make our communities better.
- Foster communities of practice and advocacy on the role of the civic innovation, mobile communication, online information, and open data at the City of Palo Alto.
- Create outcomes that participants will act upon after the event is over.
There are four CityCamp Palo Alto themes:
1. Connectedness – includes transportation, parking, Internet, commuting, and traffic
2. Sustainability – includes climate change, clean environment, and energy
3. Resilience – includes disaster recovery and cyber-security
4. Health – includes chronic disease, nutrition, exercise, and mental health