City of Hope - Volunteer Rose Parade Float Decorating
Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
City of Hope's annual tradition continues with our 40th float in the Rose Parade. Your help in decorating this year's entry is greatly appreciated.
There are various shift opportunities available, with limited space (up to 40 volunteers per shift).
- Dry decorating shifts:
- Saturday, 12/7 (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, 12/14 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, 12/21 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Floral decorating shifts:
- Thursday, 12/26 (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
- Friday, 12/27 (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, 12/28 (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, 12/29 (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
- Monday, 12/30 (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
- We ask that you commit to a full shift as partial shifts will disrupt activities in the decorating pavilion.
- Volunteers must be at least 13 years old.
- Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
When & Where
City of Hope
City of Hope is a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. Designated as a comprehensive cancer center, the highest recognition bestowed by the National Cancer Institute, City of Hope is also a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, with research and treatment protocols that advance care throughout the nation. City of Hope’s main hospital is located in Duarte, Calif., just northeast of Los Angeles, with clinics in Antelope Valley and South Pasadena. It is ranked as one of "America's Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S.News & World Report. Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a pioneer in the fields of bone marrow transplantation and genetics. For more information, visit www.cityofhope.org or follow City of Hope on facebook, twitter, youtube or flickr.