City Gates Conference: 100,000 Hours - Columbus OH
Saturday, August 2, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Over the course of our lives, each of us will likely spend about 100,000 hours at work. Some of us will use those hours to just get by. Some of us will use them to get ahead. Be assured that God has something much bigger and more important in mind. The City Gates Conference challenges us to approach our everyday work as a sacred calling. It will prepare us to redeem our work to renew our culture to restore our city to God.
Join hundreds of workers from the fields of business, education, arts & entertainment, government, science & healthcare, media, social services and family to
- Learn from nationally and internationally respected experts
- Identify with a panel of locally engaged peers
- Interact within a learning community experience
- Gain a sense of shared vision, encouragement and momentum
- Connect through engaging worship
- The Integrated Life
- The Kingdom Value of My Work
- Our Identity as Restorers
- The Stewardship of Capacity
- Our City Gates
- Kingdom Calling : Vocational Stewardship for the Common Good
Special Guest Speakers:
- Jonathan Golden – founder of Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee Company
- Deidra Riggs – managing editor at The High Calling and founder of Jumping Tandem
- Apostle La Fayette Scales – pastor of Rhema Christian Center, Columbus Ohio
- Dr. Amy Sherman – author of Kingdom Calling: Vocational Stewardship for the Common Good
- Richard Swenson, M.D. – physician and author of best sellers, Margin and In Search of Balance.
When & Where
City Gates Initiative - Ashland Theological Seminary
Redeem Your Work. Renew Your Culture. Restore Your Community.
The City Gates Initiative fulfills Ashland Theological Seminary's commitment to serve Jesus-followers whose everyday work presents an opportunity for influence in the fabric of life and culture beyond the church. City Gates has a perspective of the kingdom that places work within the very heart of change in the world. We give you a new lens through which to view the kingdom and the restoring potential of your everyday work. And we provide a specific path that prepares you to faithfully fulfill the role God has offered to you within that work.