The City Camp Hackathon is right around the corner (January 20-21) and HI Capacity and The Box Jelly are hosting a meetup to get designers and developers forming teams. If you're looking for more information about the hackathon, check out our Google Group Post.
Having a team before the competition is not only within the rules of the hackathon, it's highly recommended. It's to your advantage to have a game plan before the hackathon starts. Who's doing the front end. Who's the database guy. Who's doing the UX. All of these things matter when time is short.
This event will be extremely technical and very, very nerdy. :)
- Short presentation on existing APIs, projects that have promise, and hackathon information
- A mixer where developers and designers can mingle, brainstorm and form teams.
- You're interested in helping Honolulu become a better place to live.
- You like to code.
- You like working with teams releasing software
- You don't mind winning $1,000.
- Information about your developer talents. For example, what languages you know, what experience you have (web, mobile, desktop), do you do front-end/back-end development.
- An open and creative mind. Although there isn't a ton of data available via APIs, there are ideas to work on, apis to create, existing projects to tailor to Honolulu. We need your help in building things for Hawaii!
When & Where
We're a creative collective in Honolulu, HI. We're turning dreamers into doers. Learn more about us at http://hicapacity.org