Citizen Science: Low Cost... High Impact!
Thursday, June 21, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
Menlo Park, CA
What is Citizen Science?
Is it just an amateur hobby or "real" science?
What scientific and business opportunities come from it?
Speakers/Panelists include (by project):
- HIGH ALTITUDE BALLOONS: Ron Meadows & Don Ferguson
- SETI@home: Dan Werthimer
- MAPPER PROJECT: Darlene Lim
- DEEP SEA CHALLENGE: Erika Montague
- CLICKWORKERS: Ginny Gulick
- MAVERICKS ROCKETRY: Tom Atchison
- JELLYWATCH/MBARI: Steve Haddock
- CITIZENS IN SPACE: Edward Wright
Hardware on display
Tour of TechShop for all Attendees
- 6 pm: Registration opens
- 6 - 7pm: TechShop Tours & Networking
- 7 - 7:10 pm: Welcome
- 7:10 - 7:40 pm: Panel Discussion 1
- 7:45 - 8:15 pm: Panel Discussion 2
- 8:15 - 9pm: Hardware presentations, Networking
Food and Drinks available
When & Where
Silicon Valley Space Business Roundtable
The Silicon Valley Space Business Roundtable (SVSBR) is an organization that encourages the growth and development of aerospace-related businesses in California’s Silicon Valley. We closely collaborate with for-profits, universities, other non-profit organizations and government agencies including NASA Ames Research Center. As the west coast’s only organization of its kind, we provide input to leadership groups to expand the area’s business base by providing specific recommendations to improve the space business climate. SVSBR has its sights on the future of high technology. We provide forums by leading aerospace leaders to educate the industry on initiatives and goals. Our educational outreach program encourages students to enter these fields through our support of several schools in the Silicon Valley.