Cincinnati Social Media’s Open Mic Night
Monday, July 27, 2009 :: Below Zero Lounge from 6 pm until 9 pm
Once the event is sold out, please send an email to
cincysocmed AT gmail DOT com to be added to the waiting list.
Come to the next Cincinnati Social Media event to listen, share, network and learn along with other area professionals. Open Mic Night is based on attendee feedback for more…more opportunities to network with more people and learn more about social media topics.
You might be asking…what is this? How does it work and why should I care? It’s a free event inspired by the Ignite events which sport the tagline: “Enlighten us. But make it quick” Speakers get 10 minutes and 25 slides to enlighten you on the topic of their choice.
Who are the speakers? Members of the Cincinnati Social Media community sharing their expertise include:
- “WTF is Mobile Marketing” with Buzz 360’s Chris Bergman. There's so much confusion and clutter around this "new idea" that's been around for a while but has been hard to execute.
- “The Art of Conversation” with Netcrafter’s Randy Weeks. Conversation, telling stories…the key to selling your ideas counts on your ability to do more than walk through a PowerPoint deck.
- “The Future of Journalism” with iRhine/CinDaily.com Publisher Joe Wessels. Cincinnati’s local media is going through change along with the rest of mainstream media. What does the future hold?
- “Working Beyond Free Agent Nation” with R.O. Why! Marketing’s Brian LeCount. The power of one is being proven as individuals strike out on their own in the world of work. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
- “Job Search 2.0” with New Media Cincinnati’s Daniel Johnson Jr. As the producer of How I Got My Job, Daniel has a unique perspective on successful job searches in a dynamic economy.
Event admission is free with a cash bar.
Join us Monday, July 27th from 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm at Below Zero Lounge.
Event Tag #cincysm
Registration Event registration is required and limited to 100 attendees. Once the event is sold out, please send an email to cincysocmed AT gmail DOT com to be added to the waiting list.
Date Monday, July 27th from 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm
Location Below Zero Lounge
1122 Walnut St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-7225
Parking Offstreet parking available at Gateway Garage View Larger Map
Cost Free admission. Cash bar.
Questions? Contact Cincinnati Social Media Organizers via cincysocmed AT gmail DOT com
When & Where
Cincinnati Social Media
With more than 4,200 members, Cincinnati Social Media is organized by Kevin Dugan, David Knox, Daniel Lally and Stacy A. Cole.
#CincySM events bring social media professionals together to network in person, share and learn. Professionals from all areas of business -- corporate, non-profit, professional services, agency, consultants -- are welcome to attend.
Join our LinkedIn Group to keep up to date on future events.