The Heart Institute
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati Clinical Exercise
Testing and Therapeutics
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Click the link above for details
7:30 - 9:00 am - Breakfast, Registration, Posters/Exhibits Open
9:00 am - 12:15 pm Morning Session
12:15 - 1:30 pm Lunch, Posters/Exhibits Open
1:30 - 3:00 pm Afternoon Session
*Schedule subject to change without notice
- Harry Rossiter, PhD, FACSM, Pulmonary and Critical Care Physiology and Medicine, LABioMed at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
"The Physiological Basis of Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing and Test Interpretation"
- John Lynn Jefferies, MD, MPH, Director, Cardiomyopathy & Advanced Heart Failure, Cincinnati Children’s Heart Institute
"Cardiac Rehabilitation in Coronary Artery Disease and Heart Failure"
- Mark Norris, MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatric Cardiology, C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital
"Exercise Testing in Pediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Disease"
- Cindy Ackerman, Certified Cardiac Medical Yoga Instructor, Exercise Physiologist - Catholic Health Partners, Mercy Hospital
Topic/Demo:Cardiac Medical Yoga
- David Verrill, MS, RCEP, Immediate Past-President, CEPA
Topic: Pulmonary Rehabilitation Resistive Exercise Testing and Training
- Keri Shafer, MD, Cardiologist in Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Boston Children's Hospital
Topic: Exercise Testing in Coronary Artery Disease and Heart Failure
Hot Breakfast & Lunch Provided!
- ACSM: The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that "The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center" meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from (2013 – December 2016). Providership # 732056
- 4.8 Contact hours will be awarded to nurses who attend the entire program and complete an evaluation tool.
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (OH-046, 9/1/2015) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
The Conference Center at
Great Wolf Lodge®
(25 miles north of Cincinnati)
Discounted Room Rate of $159* +tax & resort fee
Available Friday 3/7/14 and 3/8/2014
Comes with 4 Waterpark Tickets per Room!
Call 1-866-954-9653 or go online to http://www.greatwolf.com/mason/waterpark
Use Group Code: 1403CINC
(*Discounted rate based on availability of room block or through February 7, 2014.)
Other nearby hotels include:
5457 Kings Center Dr
5323 Beach Blvd
5691 Kings Island Dr
2793 Water Park Dr
5589 Ohio 741
5324 Beach Blvd