CHST (Certified Health and Safety Technician) Study Session
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 8:00 AM - Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
Two-day Certified Health and Safety Technician (CHST) Study Session
This study session will start at 8:00 am and end at 5:00 pm daily.
The Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) certification is designed for individuals who demonstrate competency and work part-time or full-time in health and safety activities devoted to the prevention of construction illnesses and injuries. The CHST certification meets national standards for certifications.
Candidates for the CHST certification are typically employed as safety and health specialists on construction job sites, serving in either full-time or part-time positions. Typical individuals are responsible for safety and health on one or more significant construction projects or job sites. They may work for an owner, general contractor, subcontractor, or firm involved in construction or construction safety.
The CHST program recognizes that many employers assign responsibility for construction safety and health functions to those with very important roles in protecting workers. Many construction safety professionals use the CHST as a stepping stone to greater roles in safety and health and, in some cases, to the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification.
Study Group Reference Materials:
Attendees should identify reference and study materials as needed. Workbooks for this seminar will be referenced throughout the seminar. The books can be obtained at:
CHST Self-Study Workbooks - Volumes 1 and 2
Volume one of our workbooks covers the spectrum material that could possibly be tested. Volume two contain several home study self-evaluation sessions using the same question, answer and explanation format as in the workshop. The material included in the self-evaluation sessions is designed to supplement your home study program and reinforce those areas where emphasis is needed for the examination. The program will provide you with over 650 questions, answers and, more importantly, explanations.
- Reduces your study time by as much as 50% with current up-to-date material.
- Individual two-volume workbooks or CDRoms for the ASP, CSP, OHST, or CHST examinations.
- Each two volume workbook or CDRom contains approximately 600 questions, answers, and explanations.
- Question and answer format complete with fully developed explanations.
- Most frequently used formulas with terms explained.
- Same quality material as used in our highly successful workshops.
- Prioritized list of study material.
- Volume 2 of each workbook provides self evaluation sessions to identify areas requiring additional study. The self evaluations on the CDRoms are in the same computer format used for the actual exam.
- Provides focus and direction to your study effort.
- Curriculum Designed by Certified Instructional Technologists utilizing SPANs complete library of Exam reference materials. SPAN has purchased and streamlined all the reference materials with a focus on successful testing performance.
- When registering for a workshop, the full purchase price of current workbooks ordered from SPAN, will be discounted from the workshop price. Please let us know that you have current workbooks when you sign up for a workshop.
- Special Price for purchasing Workbooks and CD-ROM as a set.
There is no easy way to gain your ASP, CSP, OHST, or CHST certification, however these workbooks have proven to be the tool that you need to make the most of your study time. There is no "nice to know" information in our workbooks. All of the guidance is focused towards the principles and theories required to pass the examinations. To remain current, all of our workbooks are reviewed and revised annually. Start your study program today by ordering a set of these workbooks. There is simply no better study material available.
When & Where
Georgia Tech OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Georgia Tech is one of the world’s premier research universities and the 7th-ranked public university in the country, with more than 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students who represent the best of the best. Our focus on innovative and creative education allows Atlanta-based Georgia Tech to equip students and professionals with the knowledge to solve global, real-world problems on a daily basis.
Learn from the Best --- The Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech’s applied research arm, conducts real-world research that solves the toughest issues facing government and industry. Those problems include the safety and health challenges that you and your companies deal with daily. GTRI researchers conduct occupational safety and health courses and make the expertise they have gained in the field available to everyone.
For more than 30 years, GTRI has helped government and industry meet workplace safety standards established by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). In 1992, GTRI became one of the four original OSHA Training Institute Education Centers, and the majority of GTRI’s instructors hold advanced degrees and certificates. This prominence attracts professionals from across the country, many of whom bypass other training centers to receive Georgia Tech’s prestigious training.