Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Thank you for your interest in serving with SF City Impact this holiday season.
We appreciate your time and efforts in reaching the Tenderloin Community. This is San Francisco City Impact's 29th year hosting this Christmas Day Outreach event and we look forward to spending time with you all in serving our favorite community.
Like last year, we are asking volunteers to partner with San Francisco City Impact by paying a $25 registration fee which will go directly towards making this event possible - the fee will underwrite the cost of the event.
However, children under the age of 10 are free.
Goals on this day:
Deliver 5,000 hot meals to homes
Serve 300 Sit Down Christmas Dinners
Deliver 500 bags of groceries
Give out toys to 300 children
Begins at 8:30am
(Please bring your printed ticket in order to speed up the registration process)
Registration will be located at San Francisco City Impact
230 Jones Street
SFCI is proud to have a flat rate with ROCK STAR parking garage at $10 per vehicle for the day.
265 Eddy Street
Please show them your EVENTBRITE TICKET.
For groups, please have your group register individually or designate a group leader to pay for your group and email a list in advance of first and last names including contact information (address, email and phone number) to the registration table to speed up the registration process.
Email this list to email@example.com
1. Sit Down Christmas Dinner Positions still available
2. Kitchen Unavailable
3. Security Positions still available
4. Groceries Unavailable
5. Kids Christmas Party Unavailable
6. Meal Prep Unavailable
7. Meal Delivery Positions still available
8. Community Host/Usher Positions still available
9. Registration/Greeters Positions still available
10. Get Connected Positions still available
11. Clothing Tent Positions still vailable
1. Sit Down Christmas Dinners: This team will host a Christmas Dinner indoors for those who come in off the street. They will be greeted with volunteers and have an experience of a traditional Christmas Dinner. This is a very intimate experience with those who live in the area, many of which are without homes.
2. Kitchen: Those who sign up for KITCHEN will prepare all the food for 5,000 meals. Over 3000 lbs. of turkey (turkey and turkey breast) will come through this kitchen. Activities include: Deboning turkey, cooking mashed potatoes, and cooking, slicing and chopping vegetables. Any level of experience is welcome. This job requires volunteers to move quick, work well with others, and is the first team to get started for the day. This team will most likely miss the day's orientation and volunteer briefing.
3. Security: This team will help with crowd control. During large events, it's nice to have help with keeping our volunteers and residents calm and organized as there is an order to the day. SFCI prides itself in making sure the community is blessed on this day and needs security to make sure this happens smoothly. We need strong, orderly, yet kind volunteers for this job.
4. Groceries: This group will prepare and pass out over 500 bags of groceries to Tenderloin residents.
5. Kids Christmas Party: We will have our volunteers host a Christmas party for the kids of the community. Over 300 kids will get lunch and toys for Christmas and the rest of the families will get hot meals and groceries. Come and help make this a Christmas they will never forget!
6. Meal Prep: This will be held in two locations. Each location is half a block away from each other. This whole event is based on getting hot Christmas dinners to 5,000 people who have signed up in advance for these meals. The meal delivery job is an assembly line formation and there is always a lot of energy in this team. If you are planning on bringing kids, this is a fun place for them to help and there is usually more space for them to roam.
Location 1 - 230 Jones Street: is located on Jones Street the main campus of SF City Impact between Eddy St and Turk Street. The meal prep area can accommodate up to 50 people.
Location 2 - TBD
7. Meal Delivery: These groups hand deliver all of the prepared food to the residents. All deliveries are done by foot. Vehicles are not necessary; however, if there are a few people that would like to drive, please let your leader know on that day. They will arrange for your group to take the meals that are furthest away. Families and those who don't want to be confined to one area love this task. All meals are carried in banana boxes to the assigned buildings.
Often times, it might seem as if you're waiting around, however, this is the nature of the job. ALL the Meal Prep teams are doing their best to pump out the meals. So please be patient. This job is vital to getting the job done!
8. Community Host/Ushers: This team will be the group who will host and usher our community guest into our block party. We have a 15 minute service to introduce SFCI and celebrate and encourage them as they come in.
9. Registration/Greeters: This team helps greet those standing in line to receive groceries and meals. We would like volunteers who are outgoing and like to meet new people. This is a great time to get to know the people in the lines and spend time chatting with them to make the time go by faster as they wait.
10. Get Connected: A designated group of people who will meet all the residents and help them by offering them prayer and referrals to places they might need.
11. Clothing Tent: Join this team to cater to one of the greatest needs of the Tenderloin District. This team is an extension of the City Impact Thrift Store. Bless the broken lives of the TL by passing out clean clothes to those in need.
We hope you have a great time and let's make this a holiday that the
Tenderloin Community won't ever forget!
If you have any questions, we have our own Holiday Volunteer Coordinator to help assist you with any questions:
Holiday Volunteer Coordinator
ALL PROCEEDS DIRECTLY BENEFIT SAN FRANCISCO CITY IMPACT AND ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE
(TAX ID NO. 90-0332259)