David Stelzl's Business Planning & Strategy for Christian Business Owners
Biblically based, hands-on, intensive collabortation and planning for entrepreneurs, business owners and key personnel.
February 21-23, 2013
Charlotte - Waxhaw, NC
Held at The Stelzl Family Home
Setting priorities, measuring results, and establishing a rhythm - three things that every business must establish if it is to grow. About 6 million new businesses are started each year - more than half will fail in the first year, and only about 4% will make it to ten years. Businesses fail for one of two reasons - lack of preparation and lack of funding. If you have a new business, what will allow you to complete the first year, or make it to ten. No matter how old your business is, what are you doing to grow it, or to maintain a profitable business depite our country's poor economic conditions?
For over 20 years I have been working with small business owners, helping them create value, differentiation, and financial stability. Regardless of the size or age of your company, companies that do this type of planning each year outgrow those that don't. Owners and employees with a clear vision, who track the right metrics, and establish the right rhythm will outproduce those who don't.
Join me (David Stelzl) for 2 1/2 days of incredible hands on collaboration and business planning to prepare for future. In just a few days you'll have a plan, solid goals, and a vision to share with your team for the coming year. We'll look at what the creator says about business, business management, sales, marketing, finances, and everything you need to build a sound plan according the principles God gives in His Word.
What's In it For You?
- **Renew Your Vision and Prepare to Lead. Your ability to lead, applying Biblical principles, is your most important takeaway from this weekend. Establishing a clear direction, with a focused mission is the first start!
- A one-hour intensive follow up coaching session with David Stelzl. We'll cover a lot of ground in these 2 1/2 days, but I want you to leave with a focused plan (both financial and strategic) - so I am committing to reconnect by phone (one-on-one) to make sure we have everything you need to take your business to the next level in the coming year (this alone is a $500 coaching session - and it's included in your workshop tuition.)
- Determine your unique value proposition and marketing/branding strategy for 2013. We'll look at what it means to market and sell, without violating God's word, and how to differentiate your business in a crowded market.
- Review and refine your solution/product strategy whether it involves higher level consultation, service delivery, products, annuity business. We'll talk about inovation, creativity, pricing, and future growth. Our creator gives us wisdom and understanding - find out how to apply these gifts to your business.
- Make sure you have the right people on the bus, the wrong people off, and your core team in the right seats - Jim Collins, in his well known book, Good to Great, makes it clear that this one principle can make or break your business. Hiring, character development, leadership - these are all necessary considerations when growing a business.
- Develop your goals, leadership team, organizational alignment, best opportunities, and marching orders, in writing before you leave. You'll have everything you need to set things in motion before returning to work.
- Walk away with an immediate growth plan to kick off your new year. The goal is to leave this meeting with a written plan to guide you through the next 12 months.
- Business owners will also receive over $150 in materials just for attending plus the one-on-one coaching session.
If you have been to one of my Raising Entrepreneurs seminars - you know this will be content rich - no wasted time, no filler. I believe in giving step-by-step methods. If you're not completely satisfied, I'll refund your money - no questions asked. (Note: registration is non-refundable for planning purposes - you have to attend the entire event in order to receive a refund).
This intimate weekend is limited to 10 business owners. In this tight, mutually respectful setting, you will learn more quickly, and have the opportunity to build personal relationships with other like-minded attendees, and myself - that will most likely last for years.
Plan to arrive by 5:30 PM on Thursday for a relaxed dinner with my wife and I at our favorite Chinese restaurant (followed by our opening session). Join our family for dinner on Friday night, and we'll have you on your way home - equipped for the new year by late afternoon on Saturday. (Meals provide).
Here's The Schedule:
Thursday Evening, February 21st, 2013; 5:30 - 9:00
- 5:30 PM - Dinner at Wan Fu in Pineville, NC
- SESSION: Building an Effective Value Proposition...David Stelzl. We'll kick off our three days with insights from my Raising Entrepreneurs session on creating a unique value proposition, to create a foundation for strategies that are working to build successful businesses right now. I'll show you what companies across the US are doing to market more effectively, create larger opportunities, call higher in the accounts they are working on, and create differentiation in a crowded market place. We'll also take some time to review our goals and get to know one another as we move into some intensive planning time on Friday and Saturday.
Friday, February 22nd, 2013; 8:30 - 5:00
- Morning - Intensive Planning Session 1 - Setting Your Course For 2013; Hands on, collaborative, and facilitated using The 6 Thinking Hats Process
- Lunch - provided...
- Afternoon - Intesive Planning Session 2
- Dinner hosted by the Stelzl Family - Transportation Provided to Waxhaw NC. Take time to meet my wife and 7 children, all of who are involved in building their own businesses (including The Sugar Nook - which will be catering our dessert!)
Saturday February 23rd, 2013; 8:30 - 3:00
- Morning - intensive planning session number 3
- Lunch - Provided
- Afternoon - Setting goals, organization, and final comments
- 3:00 PM - Heading back to your families.
Sign up now and you'll be receiving:
- A one hour personal coaching session to review your future event plans.
- Over $150 worth of materials.
The JAARS Center, part of Wyclyiff Bible Translators and SIL offers low cost apartments (about 20 minutes from our home where the workshop will be held).
JAARS Housing - www.jaars.org/getinvolved/visit/housing. Contact Penny Villanella (704-843-6020 or email@example.com) for reservations.
1 bedroom apartments start at about $40 per night, for up to 2 people. Other options may be available as well - please contact Penny at JAARS housing.
Please note, there is limited lodging space, so first come first serve.
This housing is basic, clean, and spacious. Located at the conference location.