David Stelzl's Business Planning & Strategy Workshop for Christian Business Owners
Biblically based, hands-on, intensive collabortation and planning for entrepreneurs, business owners and key personnel.
July 24th - 27th, 2014
Waxhaw, NC (Near Charlotte)
Held at The Stelzl Family Home
Setting priorities, measuring results, and establishing a rhythm - three things that every business must establish if it is to grow. About 6 million new businesses are started each year - more than half will fail in the first year, and only about 4% will make it to ten years. Businesses fail for one of two reasons - lack of preparation and lack of funding. If you have a new business, what will allow you to complete the first year, or make it to ten. No matter how old your business is, what are you doing to grow it, or to maintain a profitable business despite our country's poor economic conditions?
For over 20 years I have been working with small business owners, helping them create value, differentiation, and financial stability. Regardless of the size or age of your company, companies that do this type of planning each year outgrow those that don't. Owners and employees with a clear vision, who track the right metrics, and establish the right rhythm will outproduce those who don't.
Join me (David Stelzl) for 2 1/2 days of incredible hands on collaboration and business planning to prepare for the future. In just a few days you'll have a plan, solid goals, and a vision to share with your family or team for the coming 18 months. We'll look at what the creator says about business, business management, sales, marketing, finances, and everything you need to build a sound plan according the principles God gives in His Word.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners. If you already own a business, you'll benefit from this hands-on workshop as we refine your business plan, consider future growth, and look at Biblical principles that will help guide future decisions regarding growth, offerings, finances, and management.
- Students. If you are serious about starting a business - perhaps you a graduating soon, or weighing your choices out of high-school. This workshop is a hands on, roll-up-your sleaves, program that will help you further develop an idea into an actionable business plan. Think of it as an MBA in just over 2 days.
- Parents/young people, and couples looking to start a business. If you are currently in a job, or perhaps looking for what to do next, this might be the place to develop a new direction. You'll need to come with some ideas - but this workshop was designed to actually work side-by-side, building a plan that you an take to market the following week. If you're not sure - call us and we'll figure out if this is right for you.
What's In it For You?
- **Renew Your Vision and Prepare to Lead. Your ability to lead, applying Biblical principles, is your most important takeaway from this weekend. Establishing a clear direction, with a focused mission is the first start!
- A one-hour intensive follow up coaching session with David Stelzl. We'll cover a lot of ground in these 2 1/2 days, but I want you to leave with a focused plan (both financial and strategic) - so I am committing to reconnect by phone (one-on-one) to make sure we have everything you need to take your business to the next level in the coming year (this alone is a $500 coaching session - and it's included in your workshop tuition.)
- Determine your unique value proposition and marketing/branding strategy for 2014/2015. We'll look at what it means to market and sell, without violating God's word, and how to differentiate your business in a crowded market.
- Review and refine your solution/product strategy whether it involves higher level consultation, service delivery, products, annuity business. We'll talk about inovation, creativity, pricing, and future growth. Our creator gives us wisdom and understanding - find out how to apply these gifts to your business.
- Make sure you have the right people on the bus, the wrong people off, and your core team in the right seats - Jim Collins, in his well known book, Good to Great, makes it clear that this one principle can make or break your business. Hiring, character development, leadership - these are all necessary considerations when growing a business.
- Develop your goals, leadership team, organizational alignment, best opportunities, and marching orders, in writing before you leave. You'll have everything you need to set things in motion before returning to work.
- Walk away with an immediate growth plan to kick off your new year. The goal is to leave this meeting with a written plan to guide you through the next 5 years.
- Business owners will also receive over $150 in materials just for attending plus the one-on-one coaching session.
If you have been to one of my Raising Entrepreneurs seminars - you know this will be content rich - no wasted time, no filler. I believe in giving step-by-step methods. If you're not completely satisfied, I'll refund your money - no questions asked. (Note: registration is non-refundable for planning purposes - you have to attend the entire event in order to receive a refund).
This intimate weekend is limited to 10 business owners/students. In this intimate, mutually respectful setting, you will learn more quickly, and have the opportunity to build personal relationships with other like-minded attendees, and myself - that will most likely last for years to come.
Plan to arrive at 5:00 PM on Thursday for a relaxed dinner with my wife and I at our favorite Chinese restaurant (followed by our opening session). Join our family for lunch and dinner on Friday, and by later afternoon on Saturday, we'll have you on your way home - equipped with a plan for business.
Here's The Schedule:
Thursday Evening, July 24th, 2014; 5:00 - 9:00 PM
- 5:00 PM - Dinner at Wan Fu in Pineville, NC (included in your tuition).
- SESSION: Building an Effective Value Proposition...David Stelzl. We'll kick off our three days with insights from my Raising Entrepreneurs session on creating a unique value proposition, to create a foundation for strategies that are working to build successful businesses right now. I'll show you what companies across the US are doing to market more effectively, create larger opportunities, call higher in the accounts they are working on, and create differentiation in a crowded market place. We'll also take some time to review our goals and get to know one another as we move into some intensive planning time on Friday and Saturday.
Friday, July 25th, 2014; 8:30 - 5:00
- Morning - Intensive Planning Session 1 - Setting Your Course For the next 5 years; Hands on, collaborative, and facilitated using The 6 Thinking Hats Process
- Lunch - provided...
- Afternoon - Intesive Planning Session 2
- Dinner hosted by the Stelzl Family - Transportation Provided to Waxhaw NC. Take time to meet my wife and 7 children, all of who are involved in building their own businesses (including Something Gourmet - which will be catering our dessert!)
Saturday July 26th, 2014; 8:30 - 3:00
- Morning - intensive planning session number 3
- Lunch - Provided
- Afternoon - Setting goals, organization, and final comments
- Late afternoon/early evening - Heading back to your families.
Sign up now and you'll be receiving:
- A one hour personal coaching session to review your future event plans.
- Over $150 worth of materials.
Breakfast is not included either day, but we will be providing fruit, muffins, and other light snacks in the morning, and throughout the day. Lunch and dinner will be provided on Friday, and lunch on Saturday.
Local lodging options, as well as transportation and other details are included in your confirmation email, once you sign up.
Note: For planning purposes, your registration is final. If for some reason you are unable to attend, we will not be able to refund your ticket(s).
Due to the fact that we are limiting attendance - in order to have a smaller more intimate workshop setting - we may have to cancel the workshop if we are unable to get the group we need (in which case, all tickets will be refunded).
Email any questions to Sarah - firstname.lastname@example.org.