CHL Cedar Park Dec 1st
Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 8:00 AM (CST)
PLEASE REVIEW THE SCHEDULE
AND LOCATION INFORMATION BELOW:
Included In Your Class For New Applicants:
- Photos, Photo Holder, Range fee, CHL-100
- **Renewals no longer are required to have fingerprints, photos or notary, unless DPS requests them. The price of our renewal class does not include these services.
7:45 am Check In Range:
Best of the West Shooting Sports 19500 W SH 29 Liberty Hill
Items to bring to the range:
- .32 or higher handgun
- 50 rounds of ammunitiion
- eye & ear protection
- closed toe shoes
After the range portion is complete we will go to the classroom located at Holiday Inn Express Cedar Park on 1431.
Topics to be covered in class:
- Legal Aspects of Concealed Carry
- Use of Force/Deadly Force
- Safe Handling and Storage
- Gun & Caliber Selection
- Non Violent Dispute Resolution
- Written Test & CHL 100
7:00pm Class Concludes for New Applicants
Renewals- please arrive at the range at 8am for the morning session. We will get your classroom hours finished within the required time, and have your ready to depart around the 2 o'clock hour.
Requirements To Apply
NEW APPLICANTS: Steps To Apply For Your CHL
1. Go to DPS website and submit your online application:
https://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/txapp/txdps/chl/ or google TX DPS CHL. At the end of the application form (after you pay the state's fee), you will print out a receipt of your payment and a checklist of other required items to be included in your packet. You will recognize this sheet by the huge barcode at the top of the page. SAVE AND PRINT THIS SHEET. It must be mailed in with the remainder of the application materials after you have taken the class. Once you have completed step 1 you only have ONE YEAR to complete the remaining steps or you will forfeit your application fee to TX DPS
2. Register for and take a CHL class. You must pass the written test and the shooting test. Once you have passed both sections of the class we will provide you a Completion Certificate (CHL-100). CAPS offers a regular schedule of classes in Cedar Park and Fort Hood, registration links can be found on the home page.
3. Obtain two passport photos. We provide photos as part of our class fee for our regularly scheduled classes. We do not provide photos for private classes, unless it is a group of 10 or more. You can go to Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, etc to obtain photos. We will also provide you the Photo Holder/ID Signature Form and envelope for your pictures.
4. Fingerprints: DPS NO LONGER ACCEPTS ROLLED-INK PRINTS. You must get your fingerprints taken at an L1 Identity contracted provider. They are the sole provider of DPS-authorized fingerprint services. You MUST make an appointment for your fingerprint session with L1, they do not accept walk ins. Go to the website: http://www.ibtfingerprint.com/ or call 1-888-467-2080 to schedule an appointment. Your prints will automatically be submitted to DPS. This step can be done anytime after you complete step 1
5. Submit your packet to DPS with all necessary materials: Reciept/Checklist, CHL-100, photos, photo holder form. Your checklist may include additional items depending upon your own circumstances, such as proof of military status, court records for prior criminal history, proof of citizenship, etc.
DPS Customer Service Phone Number:1-800-224-5744
Capitol Area Practical Shooting
Welcome to CAPS
What Our Clients Say About CAPS
Karen A. (Leander)