San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Chef Ranjan Dey tells stories and teaches lessons about Indian culture and history through spices. Learn the flavor profiles of India's different regions, take home secrets about the "wet and dry trinity" that make up New Delhi's award-winning curry, and taste how savory sustainability can really be by tasting an Indian-style dish made with mushrooms grown from CPD's very own Back to the Roots kit!
Vegetarian and vegan options available upon request.
Turnovers filled with lightly spiced potatoes served with mint and tamarind chutney
Lightly spiced onion rings
Chicken with cashews, raisins and grated paneer simmered in a special house creamy sauce
Goan Coconut Fish Curry
Peppered Chicken Curry
Sautéed chicken, black pepper, cilantro, and cauliflower in curry sauce
Organic Back to the Roots Mushroom with Panch Phoran (Bengali Five Spice)
Homemade paneer cooked in tomato cream sauce and seasoned with fenugreek leaves
Yellow Dal Tarka
Yellow lentils seasoned with garlic
Saffron-flavored basmati rice with green peas
Tandoori Roti and Garlic Naan
Homestyle Indian rice pudding with Alfonso mango float
Lemon-lime vodka concoction with rose water, pomegranate syrup and a dash of champagne
Corté Riva Vineyards paired wines
A refreshing drink with homemade yogurt and Indian Alfanso mango pulp
About Chef Ranjan Dey
Ranjan Dey is the owner and chef of San Francisco’s New Delhi Restaurant. He starred in the documentary series, My India! With Ranjan Dey, that provided viewers with entertainment, education, and excitement about his passions - Indian culture, cuisine, and travel adventure. He is also the creator of New World Spices and founder of Compassionate Chefs Cafe, a charity helpings kids in the Tenderloin District of San Francisco and across the ocean in Ahmedabad at Gandhi Ashram in India become global citizens. Learn more about our host, Chef Ranjan Dey.
About New Delhi Restaurant
Named one of the "Finest Indian Restaurants in the US" by the New York Times and featured on the Galloping Gourmet TV show, New Delhi has been the place to fine since it's opening in 1988. Learn more about New Delhi Restaurant.
When & Where
Chilipepper Dining hosts exclusive dining events designed to:
- Provide food fanatics with unique experiences that you can only have at our featured restaurants through Chilipepper Dining
- Showcase the hidden talents of the Bay Area's best chefs
- Give our host chefs a meaningful platform to wow influential, food-loving guests with their favorite off-menu and signature items
Every year, Chilipepper Dining focuses on a specific theme. This year is all about "Locally sourced, globally inspired dining":
- Connecting diners more closely with their food and the process of getting food on their plates, through deeper engagement with chefs, food producers and other culinary experts
- Educating diners about the importance of mindful dining and sustainable living
- Demonstrating to diners how easy and exciting it can be to transition to a more sustainable lifestyle, starting with more mindful dining