Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Chilean Winery of Year POSTPONED to 2013. Ticket Sales Suspended!
Sunday, September 16, 2012 from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM (MDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Chilean Winery of Year: Patio Wine Party at Indulge with De Martino Wines, scheduled to occur on Sunday, September 16, 2012 7:00 PM has been postponed to 2013 due to competing events effecting ticket sales that weekend. Please update your plans accordingly. Please check out our Australian Winemaker Event on Friday October 5, 2012 with Jane Ferrari with Yalumba Winery http://uncorked-yalumba.eventbrite.com/
If you have further questions, you can email me
- Last Patio Party of the year on a weekend late afternoon! Come enjoy the fabulous patio with the best views of the front range, watch the sun set and enjoy the firepits (Broncos play on Monday night) Indulge Wine Bar is Winner of the OpenTable.com Diner’s Choice award two years in a row and nominated on the A list. (no excuses about rush hour traffic folks! Come relax and enjoy!)
- Several 90+ rated wines. This is the land of the Malbec and Carmenere, We'll also try some Cab, Syrah, a red blend and a Chardonnay.
- Wines of Chile Association named De Martino Winery of the Year on November 17, 2011 during its traditional Wine Gala. De Martino is now positioned within the wine industry as one of the largest organic wine producers in Chile. This is due not only to the fact that De Martino was the first winery in South America to be certified as carbon neutral, but also thanks to its commitment to measuring its water footprint.
- In the latest edition of the prestigious English magazine, Decanter, Viña De Martino was selected as one of Chile's 15 most outstanding wine producers. The recognition came as a result of the hard work that De Martino's team have devoted in the recent past towards creating lower alcohol, easy to drink wines with a particular emphasis on origin.
What: Chilean Patio Wine Party: De Martino Winery of Year at Indulge with Regional Manager Matt Sharpe
When: Wednesday Sunday September 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM (we'll start an hour earlier on a Sunday afternoon!)
Where: Indulge Wine Bar and Restaurant 1601 Mayberry Drive Highlands Ranch, CO 80129 (303) 991-1994 (corner of Lucent and Highlands Ranch Parkway, south of C-470) Easy to get to, and no traffic/weekend afternoon! No Broncos game
Crowd: Young/Mid Professionals
Dress: Dress to Impress/Business Casual
Wines list (food pairing soon)
List of De Martino Wines
“Legado” Tier (De Martino’s top focus):
- 2011 Legado Chardonnay “Limari Valley” (no press yet on 2011) 2009 vintage: * Wine SpectatorScore: 90 A nicely ripe, yet very fresh white, with a taut star fruit frame to the core of green plum, Jonagold apple and heather notes. The long, racy finish has ample fruit in reserve. Drink now through 2012. -J. Molesworth, November 30, 2011 100 OUTSTANDING VALUES OF 2011 *Also 90 pts / Best Buy from Wine Enthusiast)
- 2010 Organic Cab Malbec – - The purple-colored 2010 Cabernet (50%) – Malbec (50%) is certified organic. The wine was aged for 14 months in new and used French oak. Notions of pain grille, earthy minerals, tobacco, spice box, black cherry, and black currant inform the nose of a savory, ripe, full-flavored, beautifully proportioned wine that is an outstanding value meant for drinking over the next 5-6 years. * 90 pts Wine Advocate/RP
- 2010 Legado Cabernet Sauvignon “Maipo Valley”: (no press on 2010 vintage yet) 2008: 88pts RP
- 2010 Legado Syrah “Chopa Valley” – Only commercial wine producer in this appellation!!
(No press on 2010 yet) 2009 vintage: 90 pts Wine & Spirits; 2008 90pts RP, 90 Pts & Best Buy Wine Enthusiast; 2007 90+ Pts RP, 90 Pts Wine Spectator – on the cover of Wine Spectator Oct 15th 2010 – Best Values
Single Vineyard Range
- 2009 “Altos de Piedras” Carmenere: The 2009 Carmenere Alto de Piedras Single Vineyard spent 14 months in new French oak. Aromas of dried herbs, exotic set the stage for an elegant, fleshy, plush wine that delivers outstanding concentration, depth, and balance. It has enough structure to evolve for 2-3 years but can be approached now. 91 Pts RP 90 Pts Wine Spectator: This dark red is nicely framed with roasted tobacco and loam notes, with a core of crushed plum, steeped black currant and sage in reserve. The finish is muscular, but rounded and integrated, with the loamy edge lingering. Drink now through 2013. 1,100 cases made. 90 Pts Wine Enthusiast: A big, earthy type of wine with a ton of ripeness and heft. Smells like pure black olive, earth and smoked meat. The palate is tight but friendly as it delivers big doses of herb, tea, chocolate and black fruit flavors. About as deep and long in the mouth as this variety gets; proof that Maipo can produce the occasional excellent Carmenere.
- 2008 “Las Cruces” Old Bush Vines: 91 pts RP: The 2008 Old Bush Vines Las Cruces Single Vineyard is composed of 66% Malbec and 34% Carmenere aged in new French oak barriques for 14 months. Toasty oak, earthy minerals, incense, Asian spices, lavender, black cherry, and blueberry are followed by a plush, satin textured, suave offering with lots of spice and black fruit flavors. It has enough structure to evolve for 2-3 years and will deliver prime drinking from 2014 to 2023.
Optional Dinner After the Wine Tasting:
- For members who stay after the wine tasting we usually get 30-40 % of our group on the weekend stay for dinner. Indulge is offering a fabulous 3 course meal for $26.00
Directions and Parking: The restaurant has FREE parking in front of the restaurant. Go south on Broadway to Highlands Ranch Parkway (just a mile or so south of C-470), turn right. Go past the first entrance to Town Center on your left to Hepburn St. You'll see the Home Depot set back behind Town Center, turn right on Mayberry.
From Downtown (faster than Broadway) go South on Santa Fe to C-470 go East on C-470 to Lucent or Broadway and go South If you decide to go straight down Broadway from Midtown get in the right lane once you pass Mineral as the left side is a back up of folks turning east onto C-470. Stay in the right lane as you'll turn right on HR Pwky. It you come down I-25 South, please stay away from C-470 going West after 4:30pm. If you get past the Park Meadows mall area and there is heavy traffic, just get off at Quebec, turn right and get into the left lane, then tun left and go West on County Line (it moves fast)...it's like a frontage road to C-470. Take it all the way to Broadway, then go south on Broadway.
About De Martino: The De Martino family has been making fine wine in Isla de Maipo since the 1930s and were the first in Chile to bottle Carménère, now Chile's signature grape following the discovery in the 1990s that Carmenère had been misidentified as Merlot, they are currently the only producer of a wine from the Choapa Valley appellation, and in Elqui they farm some of Chile's highest vineyards. The winery is a strong proponent of organic viticulture. Its winemaking team has done groundbreaking work in seeking out the country's finest terroirs.
Don Pietro De Martino Pascualone left his native Italy in 1934 with the dream of starting a new life in South America. He settled in Isla de Maipo and founded the De Martino winery. After the end of the Second World War, Giorgio De Martino began an extensive modernization project. Today the third and fourth generations are keeping Don Pietro’s dream alive. The state-of-the-art De Martino Winery now encompasses 740 acres and produces nearly 1.5 million bottles of wine per year. Thanks to the skilled hand of award wining winemaker, Marcelo Retamal, their wines are considered among the best that Chile has to offer.
Event Terms and Conditions: http://www.meetup.com/denverwine/pages/Terms/
Assumption of Risk: http://www.meetup.com/denverwine/pages/ASSUMPTION_OF_RISK_-_WAIVER_AGREEMENT/