Join members of the Dandelion Chocolate Team to explore all things chocolate. Class will discover how cacao is grown and processed on cacao farms as well as our chocolate-making process. And the class will include tastes of cacao & chocolate in each stage of the process.
Class will start with a taste of chocolate, then move to our upstairs mezzanine where we will discuss cacao farms. Students will then participate in a hands-on experience of prepping, cracking, and winnowing cocoa beans while learning about our chocolate-making process. Class will end with students watching the production team in action while savoring a brownie and hot chocolate. Each class participant will walk away with a better understanding of how chocolate is made and a real cacao pod filled with chocolate goodies!
Important notes for class:
- Classes are limited to 10 students with 2 teachers
- Students must be between the ages of 7-12
- A portion of the class will take place in our temperature controlled bean room (55-60 degress) so make sure your child brings a layer
- Closed toed shoes are required since we will be in our factory
- If your child has allergies (dairy, eggs, soy, gluten), please let us know