Child Care Network 2012-13 Annual Giving
Dear Friend of Child Care Network:
It is my pleasure and honor to greet you as the new Executive Director of Child Care Network (CCN)!
During my first week with CCN, I was greatly inspired by a young woman who offered to become a volunteer. She proudly shared that with the help of a scholarship she completed a nursing degree, currently has a great job, her children are flourishing in school and she is ready to give back. It is with your support that she was able to accomplish her goals and her children were prepared for Kindergarten. And for that, she thanks you!
You are an integral part of life altering achievement for so many families. With the generous gifts like yours,
· Our Workforce Development program delivered over 467 classes, empowering more than 4,916 child care professionals with researched based training.
· Our “For Me, For You, For Later: First Steps to Spending, Sharing and Saving” program educated more than 1,860 children and their families concerning the importance of money.
Every gift, no matter what amount, makes a sizable difference! Your investment ensures we have the capability and capacity to increase the sustainability of child care programs while enabling our youngest, most vulnerable children to obtain the crucial early learning experience necessary for realization of their goals in school and life.
Help us improve educational outcomes by increasing quality care. Your gift of $100 will help child care professionals learn essential teaching practices, making sure these deserving children are ready for kindergarten.
Help us impact tomorrow by helping families today. Your $1,000 donation will help a homeless family select their choice of quality child care programming, while guaranteeing the child and child care staff receive the supports needed to positively impact the life of the child.
Help us demonstrate that early education is an economic investment. Your $10,000 contribution will assist at least 10 families and 10 child care businesses in contributing to the local economy. Research shows that every 1% improvement in school readiness among Michigan’s estimated 140,000 kindergarten students would result in a $55.3 million dividend to the state’s budget.
Thank you in advance for helping young children and their families achieve their dreams.
P.S. Please make your gift by December 31, 2012, to claim it as a deduction of your 2012 income tax return.
Child Care Network
Child Care Network, the Great Start to Quality Southeast Resource Center, is dedicated to working with communities to develop quality care for children that is safe, accessible and affordable.
CCN has been providing services to families and early childhood professionals since 1977. Child Care Network provides services for seven southeast Michigan counties: Genesee, Hillsdale, Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, Monroe and Washtenaw.
Our primary services are to:
- Provide training and support for early childhood professionals with the Great Start to Quality
tiered rating system
- Offer parents information and education about how to choose quality child care.
- Assist low-income families with the cost of licensed care.
- Offer professional development opportunities and trainings for early childhood professionals.
- Provideinformation, education and advocacy on issues affecting children's well being.