Child and Youth Care Basic (Eight-Part) Course
Camarillo, United States
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This eight-part course equips participants with foundational concepts and skills required for career development opportunities in professional child and youth care as well as prepare for success in passing the entry-level certification exam offered by the Child and Youth Care Certification Institute.
Participant learning outcomes include the following:
· Apply fundamentals of professional ethics and practice
· Integrate an understanding of child and youth development into daily practice
· Engage in empowering interactions with children and youth in care
· Apply methods of positive discipline and conflict resolution
· Work within and across systems such as teams, families, cultures, and communities
· Employ a range of techniques for engaging children and youth in skill-building activities
Participants will have the opportunity to take one of three certification exams (entry-level, associate, or professional) for child and youth care practitioners. Participants with a passing score are eligible to apply for certification through the Child and Youth Care Certification Institute. Exam and application fees apply.
Class hours are 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (lunch on your own 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm). Sign-in begins at 8:30 am.
Please note: This course requires a minimum of 12 participant
April 15: Professional practices
April 22: Relationships
April 24: Communication
April 29: Documentation
May 1 & May 6: Guidance
May 8 & May 13: Developmental Practice
This course is approved for continuing education credits for RN's, MFT's, LCSW's and GHA
Provider approved by the California board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 15108, for 40 hours.
This course meets the qualifications for 40 hours of continuing education credit for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (MFTs), Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs), Licensed Education Psychologists (LEPs), and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCCs) as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (Casa Pacifica Centers for Children and Families; Provider 2522).
Provider approved by the California Association for Alcohol and Drug Educators, Provider #; CP10 914 C 1113 for 40 Contact hours.
This course is approved by the California Department of Social Services for 40 hours of continuing education for administrator recertification. Course Number(s):
- CYC Basic Course: Professional Practices, Course #: 342-0503-16472 (5hrs)
- CYC Basic Course: Relationships, Course #: 342-0504-16474 (5hrs)
- CYC Basic Course: Communication, Course #: 342-0504-16473 (5 hrs)
- CYC Basic Course: Documentation, Course #: 342-0503-16547 (5 hrs)
- CYC Basic Course: Behavior Guidance, Course #: 342-1003-16550 (10 hrs)
- CYC Basic Course: Developmental Practice, Course #: 342-1004-16552 (10 hrs)
This course meets the qualification for hours of comtinuing education credit for Child and Youth Care Professionals (CYC-P) as required by the Child and Youth Care Certification Board. Content Domain:
Professional Practice, content domain: Professionalism
Relationship, content domain: Relationship and Communication
Communication, content domain: Relationship and Communication
Behavior Guidance, content domain: Developmental Practice Methods
Developmental Practice, content domain: Applied Human Development
If you require assistance due to disability or other special needs, please let us know in advance so that reasonable accommodations may be made.
Casa Pacifica Centers for Children and Families
Casa Pacifica Centers for Children and Families is one of the largest providers of mental health services for children and families on California’s central coast. We serve over 430 families daily, many of whom have faced abuse and neglect, severe emotional disturbances, mental health challenges, multiple out-of-home placements, and a variety of other challenges.
Our campus and community services include: Emergency Shelter, Residential Treatment, Non-Public School, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy, Health Services Clinic, Therapeutic Behavioral Services/Intensive Behavioral Services, Wraparound, and Emergency Crisis Response.
Visit www.casapacifica.org for more information.