ChicMeetsGeek (version 1.3) - "Breaking Barriers"
Thursday, June 3, 2010 from 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
TIXS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR
No checks are accepted at the door.
ChicMeetsGeek™ is back and bigger than before! This time around, we're breaking all the rules and barriers. We have speakers that are considered as geeky women and chic men.
Curious? We are, too.
We invite you to join us at the ultra-chic geek Automattic Lounge at Pier 38 in San Francisco on Thursday, June 3, 2010, to discover the answer.
This ChicMeetsGeek™ event is to benefit the Glide Foundation, a nonprofit that provides support services to San Francisco’s poor and marginalized populations to overcome the barriers of poverty, violence, addiction, dependency and low self-worth and provides a spiritual home for all people through lively Sunday celebrations.
Come enjoy beautiful views of the Bay, an open cocktail and hors d'oeuvres bar, and a unique opportunity to mix and mingle with the movers and shakers from both the chic and geek crowds of the San Francisco socialites and Silicon Valley tech community. Think of it as high society meets high tech. There will be a variety of entertainment that evening. Be prepared to be dazzled by a chic geek performance, singers, tech demos, a one-of-a-kind fashion runway show with a silent auction twist, and talented illustrators. On top of that, a panelist of speakers that will be challenged by each other and by the audience.
All of this is under one roof in under 5 hours. You will experience everything you would receive from a day conference, a red carpet gala, and a nonprofit fundraiser. It's a power networking event for the extroverts to the wallflowers.
Listed below are a few chic geek speakers and performers who will be attending.
MEET THE CHIC MEN
MEET THE GEEKY WOMEN
- A unique panel of speakers being challenged by each other and the audience.
- Tech and Chic Demo Booths
- Silent Auction of Products & Expert’s Time – 100% proceeds are donated to the non-profit beneficiary
- Raffled prizes
- Open Bar of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for 5 hours (the time length of a Chic Meets Geek event)
- All-You-Can-Eat Hors d’oeuvres for 5 hours– past chefs included a former Executive Chef who cooked for the former President George W. Bush and Justice Clarence Thomas.
- Music from a live band
- Entertainment – A fashion show displaying Project Runway designer Jay Nicolas Sario's one-of-a-kind pieces created exclusively for Chic Meets Geek. There will be a chic and geek makeover runway show. In addition to this main entertainment, there will be a "surprise" singer rocking the house this evening. You definitely don't want to miss this!
- Gift bags are given to VIP guests, which contain items donated from both the chic and geek local businesses.
- A unique opportunity to meet individuals you would not normally meet in your circle.
- All of this is under one roof in under 5 hours. You will experience everything you would receive from a day conference, a red carpet gala, and a nonprofit fundraiser. It's a power networking event for the extroverts to the wallflowers.
- Chic Meets Geek is a "user experience." You have to attend to experience it.
VIP ticket (limited supply) - early online registration - $85
VIP guests will have access to the event at 5:30 p.m. to have an exclusive opportunity to chat intimately with the panel of chic and geek speakers, tech demo founders, award-winning fashion designer/makeup artists, and the founders of the GLIDE Foundation. Each guests will be given an opportunity to be photographed by high-end fashion and documentary photographers and interviewed by the press. In addition, we will be giving away a full stuffed gift bag, containing both chic AND geek schwag, and 5 raffle tixs to each VIP guest who RSVP. All VIP guests will have first access to an open bar of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as an all-you-can-eat hor d'oeurves bar for 5 hours. In addition, the VIP guests will have an opportunity to have first reserve seating to the speaker panel session.
Regular ticket - early online registration - $65
Guests with regular tixs will have access to the event at 6:30 p.m. and will have access to an open bar of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as an all-you-can-eat hor d'oeurves bar for 5 hours. The first few attendees to arrive will receive gift bags stuffed with chic and geek schwag.
Fan us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to receive announcements of receiving discounted tixs and opportunities to enter contests to win tix giveaways!
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChicMeetsGeek
When & Where
ChicMeetsGeek™ is an event designed to bridge the social gap between the cultural chic and intellectual geeks. It is similar to a conference, but with a social atmosphere.
The purpose is to gather two different groups in one room to inspire, share, and connect through a panel of geek and chic celebrity speakers to talk about their inspirational background.
A nonprofit beneficiary is highlighted at every ChicMeetsGeek™ event and themed around the speaker panelists' expertise to bridge the gap.