Chicago Seminars 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011 at 5:00 PM - Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 5:00 PM (CDT)
Elk Grove Village, IL
This site is for registration for the Chicago Seminars 2011, described at:
The first few posts at those links will contain just about everything you need to know. Post questions in one of those threads.
Event sponsors so far are:
These companies may offer trial memberships or other benefits to attendees.
Seminars host hotel (already sold out) is the Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village (http://www.hielkgrove.com), with the Holiday Inn and Suites O’Hare/Rosemont a few miles away as overflow. There will be shuttles between the hotels and to/from ORD airport.
We will be seated fairly tightly in the hotel ballroom, in a similar setup to last year's event. Wi-Fi is said to be enhanced, but we don't know how powerful it is, so don't count on it. There will not be tables for laptops.
NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE registration fee of $75, to be paid by PayPal, includes:
1. Admittance to all events, which begins Friday evening and will run most of the day Saturday and Sunday, and conclude in time for you to catch the last bank of flights out of ORD.
2. Buffet lunch Saturday and Sunday. The menu looks to be improved over last year.
3. Coffee breaks.
4. A contribution toward travel costs for our presenters, whose airfare, hotel, registration, and incidental expenses will be covered. No one is receiving compensation for this event.
5. Halloween-type party Saturday night with a cash bar.
6. Fees for online registration and PayPal.
7. Other expenses such as name badges, office supplies, signage, possible extra shuttles, etc.
"Leftover" money, if any, will go toward door prizes and some money will be donated to charities, as we did last year.
During the registration you will be asked which seminars you want to attend for each time slot, or to select "neither." Any that are full will be "grayed-out."
Please note that "wanaflyforless" will not be giving the Mileage Run seminar Saturday at 3 pm as originally planned. "Lucky" of the One Mile at a Time blog will take over.
By registering you agree not to videotape or record the presentations in any way. Our speakers will be presenting some very interesting techniques which they do not want released publicly, especially to the Internet. Photographs may be taken, and social events and meals may be videotaped, but please don't record anyone who is unwilling.
Registrants will be required to sign a standard waiver, similar to last year's, absolving speakers, organizers, sponsors, and fellow participants of liability for any injury, physical, financial, or emotional.